Putin Strikes

Started by besilarius, January 10, 2016, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Back to the original topic. Would be cool if games and mapboards could be joined into one large map, but it's likely the games will be using a different scale. Putin Strikes is about Brigades and Divisions, and the map covers the area bw Black Sea and Gulf of Finland. Not likely Northern War will be done in such grand scale.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

Quote from: Crossroads on June 26, 2016, 12:26:33 PM
Back to the original topic. Would be cool if games and mapboards could be joined into one large map, but it's likely the games will be using a different scale. Putin Strikes is about Brigades and Divisions, and the map covers the area bw Black Sea and Gulf of Finland. Not likely Northern War will be done in such grand scale.

I don't know - after reading the description, it sounds like they're at the same scale. They also specifically state it can be combined with Putin Strikes in a Grand Campaign scenario. Hopefully there'll be a Vassal mod and we can try it out!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Crossroads

That's right, both games are with half week turns and 20mi hexes. There's no pictures of maps nor counters for Northern War yet, but yeah the signs are there they're compatible.

We'll find out I am sure.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

nht

At least they spelled Lviv correctly.

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on June 26, 2016, 11:15:07 AM
We haven't had active SAAB Draken's since mid 1990's, so not sure what's going on there...  :D

Box cover art mock-up now updated to include a F/A-18 instead  ;)

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on June 26, 2016, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on June 26, 2016, 12:26:33 PM

I don't know - after reading the description, it sounds like they're at the same scale. They also specifically state it can be combined with Putin Strikes in a Grand Campaign scenario. Hopefully there'll be a Vassal mod and we can try it out!

I asked them about this: What you wrote confirmed!  :smitten:

panzerde

Quote from: Crossroads on June 27, 2016, 06:15:40 AM
I asked them about this: What you wrote confirmed!  :smitten:

Excellent news!

Crossroads

Now to wait for the game to actually come out. Is it 2017 already?  :buck2:

Crossroads

QuoteThe press proofs for Putin Strikes arrived a while back and after examination, were approved. This means that the game should hit the ocean for our shores very shortly if it hasn't already. Below  are some photos of the game.

News Update from One Small Step

panzerde

Saw that this morning. Looks like we'll have it soon!

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on July 23, 2016, 11:30:39 AM
Saw that this morning. Looks like we'll have it soon!

Have you ever tried NATO Nukes & Nazis? I am wondering what's the ruleset complexity. This seems to be of similar scale, or that's at least the impression I've got.

panzerde

No, haven't tried it. Seems interesting, but not one I've grabbed yet.

Crossroads

Seems the game has missed its shipping date a bit, but it's finally coming out it seems:

OSS Newsletter

QuotePutin Strikes Due to Arrive Any Time

Putin Strikes is due to arrive at our fulfillment house any day. Once it arrives we will start charging orders and shipping.

Crossroads

Finally! Well it missed its original date only by a month, but you know what they say about waiting. No, for the USPS to do it stuff, and quickly  :))

Crossroads

Putin Strikes Manual available on-line Downloaded it just a while ago, too early to comment on this yet  :smiley6600: