It's soothing, I tell you...soothing...

Started by Cyrano, June 29, 2016, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Meanwhile, bought a 1000x1000 (as in millimeters) plexiglass sheet for covering the map as well. Ready for some hard fighting I am  :knuppel2:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

Quote from: GJK on July 22, 2016, 11:38:24 AM
Just a little Scotch brand laminator from Walmart for about $20.  Works just fine for laminating charts or cards (yes, I laminated all of the Personality Cards from "Up Front"):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-2-Roller/17208765

Guess what I'm buying this weekend :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GJK

Laminators are a bit like printers - the machine itself is cheap, it's the necessary accessories (ink/toner vis a vis lamination pouches) that adds up.  But I feel that the protection that they give for the various components of a (usually) expensive game that are often handled is well worth it.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

panzerde

Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
Speak not to me about cost  :D

You sir, are a man to be admired for your quick decision making and determination.  O0

And soon, your laminator.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on July 22, 2016, 12:06:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
Speak not to me about cost  :D

You sir, are a man to be admired for your quick decision making and determination.  O0

And soon, your laminator.

Mirth The Laminator

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

I thought I was a serious wargamer, but with all those square cornered counters and unlaminated charts, I see now I have been amatuerish.

panzerde

I bought some of those 8.5" x 11" clear acrylic tabletop sign holders awhile back, and I use those to hold charts and the like. Pretty useful, and keeps stuff up off of the table, saving space.

So, you should probably get a few of those while you're at Staples, as well, :-)

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Crossroads

The Soothiness Rating of this thread is nearing the 100% level. Better be ready to open some release valves next

mirth

No one is releasing anything until I have all my game charts safely laminated.

Crossroads

bob48

OK, were all ready. lets go find Vance :-))
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2016, 01:11:00 PM
No one is releasing anything until I have all my game charts safely laminated.

I've found that you can clip a good few dozen counters while you're waiting for the lamination machine to heat up, FYI.   ^-^
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Twenty bucks would buy a lot of Rolling Rock, mirth.