Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming

RPG Sales & Discounts

<< < (3/59) > >>

bayonetbrant:

--- Quote from: bbmike on January 16, 2017, 05:28:34 PM ---There's also a big sale on the Stars Without Number bundle!

--- End quote ---

already got the basic book + one of the expansions for free when DTRPG had one of their Free RPG Day specials.

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 16, 2017, 04:49:22 PM ---King Arthur Pendragon 1st ed is free thru January

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/3125/King-Arthur-Pendragon-1st-Edition

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Bison on January 16, 2017, 04:59:30 PM ---Awesome.  I always wanted to read the rules for this.

--- End quote ---

Pendragon is a good classic with an interesting system. 

Don't think I've ever read the 1st Edition.  Started with 2nd IIRC, but I'm pretty sure the core system is the same throughout.  More options & fluff in later ones I suppose.

gameleaper:
wow , just got the Arthur book, its a good one like I would buy, so a great treat, I'm sort of getting into Star fleet battles, I have a few box sets and books, but digital versions are so tempting.

bbmike:

--- Quote from: Bison on January 16, 2017, 05:39:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: bbmike on January 16, 2017, 05:28:34 PM ---There's also a big sale on the Stars Without Number bundle!

--- End quote ---

I'm going to assume you've purchased a copy of BFRPG.

--- End quote ---

Downloaded the free version but haven't read it yet.

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: gameleaper on January 16, 2017, 11:56:04 PM ---wow , just got the Arthur book, its a good one like I would buy, so a great treat, I'm sort of getting into Star fleet battles, I have a few box sets and books, but digital versions are so tempting.

--- End quote ---

I switched over to their newer Federation Commander version awhile back. 

More streamlined.  Cut out some of the extra guess-tactic rules that didn't add much for the crunch (oh god ECM/ECCM!), reduced the amount of phases, and many other usability/time improvements over SFC. 

Don't get me wrong.  I was enthralled with how much was modeled in SFC over the years, and had a good amount of the products.  But damn was that an exceptionally long and overly bulky thing.  I rank the advanced version, with extended empires, up there with other bloated time, rules, and money sinks.   SFC was the ASL of sci-fi ship combat.  :hide: 

The new FC cuts down on all that bloat a fair bit, yet still keeps it crunchy enough to retain the flavor.  The components are also a nice improvement.  Marco did a YouTube review on it a year or two ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version