Twitter Links

Started by OJsDad, April 21, 2017, 09:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Can we imbed Twitter tweets into our posts without taking images. 

MOD EDIT:
All you need to do is "Copy Tweet Link" from Twitter and paste that into your post here.
The system will take care of caching/embedding the tweet and include the URL to the tweet below it, in case the mod ever breaks (you'll still have the link to the tweet)

[spoiler]

https://twitter.com/GrogHeads/status/859229304944807936
[/spoiler]
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Not sure. Might need a mod for it. Admins have the ability to best HTML tags, but I don't think the rest of y'all do.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I forgot to look into the mods for this - lemme double check over the weekend.  Mirth, remind me Sunday night after I forget again
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

It might. It's 5 years old though, so who knows how well it will work with the current version of SMF.

OJsDad

The only reason I think it might work, is that the forums here are at 2.0.12 and the add says it compatible with 2.0.X. 

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on April 28, 2017, 02:28:25 PM
The only reason I think it might work, is that the forums here are at 2.0.12 and the add says it compatible with 2.0.X. 

That's not confusing at all. The changelog from 2012 says 'Compatible with SMF 2.0.x'. The note at the top of the page says 'Compatible With: 2.0.2' which is 10 releases behind 2.0.12  :D

bayonetbrant

we're working on it :)

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

{breakfast club}
Am I a genius?

No, you're an asshole!
{/breakfast club}

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

OJsDad

Am I using the correct tags.  Or is this not available to everyone. 

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProfTrashWheel/status/860171715460173825[/tweet]