Grogheads CIV IV PBEM

Started by MetalDog, July 07, 2012, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

For fear of derailing Martok's Civ IV thread any further, I thought I would start one of our own.  Enough interest has been expressed in a PBEM that I thought we should have a thread devoted to it.  Here, you can post thoughts, ruminations, plans, reasons, etc. for your in game choices.  Smack talk is allowed, but, be careful what you say, it may come back to bite you.

I would like to see posted here commitments from those who wish to get in as well as their play preferences.  Number of civilizations, Victory Conditions, map size, etc.  I would also like to set a cutoff date for entry.  Today is Saturday.  I think by Wednesday, July 11, should be enough time to get everyone in that wants in.  I ask that if you are going to participate that you commit to doing so.  We all understand when real life rears its head, but bailing because you are losing is pretty crappy.  So, once you join, please endeavor to play to the end.

For myself, I would like to see only human civs and a map big enough to accommodate us.  Space Race, Cultural, Time, U.N. Victory and Domination are the Victory Conditions I would like to use.   Of all the VC, I think Time is the one we HAVE to include.  Only because the game will be endless without it.  I have no preference for the culture I use.

So that's it.  If you want in, get in.  And let your Grog flag fly!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

MetalDog

Excellent!  I forgot to add, what iteration?  Vanilla?  Warlords?  Or Beyond The Sword?  I prefer BTS.

Barthheart

Count me in.

I'd prefer BTS as well, with vanilla second.

All victory conditions.
Huge world, small continents, avergage age, water etc.

Forget which CIV IV civ I liked best (too much CIV V lately) but I guess the Germans would be fun.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on July 07, 2012, 09:57:07 AM
Count me in.

All victory conditions.

Forget which CIV IV civ I liked best (too much CIV V lately) but I guess the Germans would be fun.

My guess would be that you may have to speak to Bismarck about that ;-)

Bismarck

Naw, I cam kick ass in many languages.
Jim Cobb

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on July 07, 2012, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 07, 2012, 09:57:07 AM
Count me in.

All victory conditions.

My guess would be that you may have to speak to Bismarck about that ;-)

Whoops! Yer right... Bismarck should have first crack at the Germans. I'll take Vicky and the Brits.

meadbelly

I threatened to break out the CivIV in the other thread. Unfortunately, I can't put my hands on my license key. So I can't be joining.

This is really too bad for the rest of you, since every good multi-person pbem needs at least one hapless victim.  ;D

MetalDog

Sorry to hear that meadbelly.  I guess that means I get to play hapless victim :-(

OJsDad

Count me in, I'll be both the newbie and the hapless victim.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Welcome OJsDad!  I think I can speak for the Civ vets here and say that any question you might have, we'll be glad to answer.

OJsDad

Thanks MetalDog.  That's the biggest reason I'm signing on is to get great experience.  Do you need to know which Civ and Leader I want to setup the game.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

W8taminute

Man I sure wish I could jump in but I've got two other PBEM's and then real life going on.   Wish I could stop real life but oh well.   I'll keep my eye on this thread for sure.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

If you need another, I'll play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18