Another Rise of the Rebellion question

Started by JudgeDredd, November 14, 2017, 03:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

When playing the character Action cards, does the character get used? If so, all the time or are there examples of when a leader wouldn't be used.

Example

Wookie Guardian
Special
Use when your opponent attempts a spec ops mission, before rolling dice. The mission automatically fails

I presume I have to keep Chewbacca aside to play this mission?
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

If the action card is an assignment card, then you have to place a leader on it just as you would with a mission card during the assignment phase.  The leader is used once the card is activated.

For action cards that are played during a mission or during combat, the leader depicted on the card has to be present in the system (unless it's a special card that lets you move that leader to the system) in order for the card to take effect.  In the case of the Wookie Guardian card.  It's a special so they way I think it works is that you have to have Chewie available in your leader pool.  You activate him to respond to an Imperial Spec Ops mission and then play the card to automatically thwart the mission rather than rolling for it.

JudgeDredd

Thank you.

What about Immediate cards?

My daughter had an Immediate card which said

Secret Facility
Immediate
Place 1 probe card face down below this card.
At the start of your turn in the Command Phase you may reveal that probe card to gain 1 (triangle) unit and 1 Shield Bunker in the cards system.
Then resolve a combat in that system and discard this action card.

So at the point of picking this card up and she selected the leader on the card and placed a probe card under it, ready to play in the Command Phase. I told her her leader was now used. I think I was wrong.

Oh - and one other thing. Structures. I couldn't find much on them specifically the Shield Bunker. I performed combat on the system and destroyed all the Imperial ground units there. However, she had a Shield Bunker. As it had damage, I assumed it had to be attacked...but as it had no offensive value, it would've meant me just rolling until I got enough hits - so we just removed it from the map. But I was wondering if it was something that could be "captured"?
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Secret Facility and Sweep the Area cards don't require the leader to be used.  Pg 3 of the expansion rules under CARD CLARIFICATIONS.

The Shield Bunker is a structure like the Shield Generator or Ion Cannon so if their are no friendly units left in the system with them, they get destroyed as long as the enemy has ground troops left at the end of combat.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

JudgeDredd

I love it  O0 O0

I prefer the new tactic cards to the old ones. We were always in a muddle of how many you could play at one time and when in the combat you could play. We just argued about them. I think this way is much simpler. Though there is a card that says "Play (or take - can't recall) one additional Advanced Action Card" and I'm like "If I have to play this card to take another card, I've still only got one??"

But overall, I really like the expansion. I think the mission cards are also excellent
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

ANOTHER QUESTION

Daughter threw a curve at me - so I need clarification (though I'm sure I'm right - I need it in writing for her)

So one of the Advanced Tactic Cards I had said to prevent one red hit, 1 black hit and 1 direct hit. She rolled and had a red hit...she argued that because she could re-roll, she could re-roll any of her dice and choose to re-roll the red hit dice.

I said she couldn't because it was classed as a hit and to do so would cheat because potentially, she could negate my Advanced Tactic card by rolling a direct hit with her red die - which is exactly what she did.

In the end - to stop our arguing about it - I decided to let her under the condition I would seek clarity.

So - if you have an Advanced Tactic card that prevents a hit (of any colour, any kind) and the other player wants to use that dice to re-roll, can they?
Alba gu' brath