Main Menu

Panzer Corps 2

Started by PanzerFaust, July 19, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

I know I have my anniversary coupon so I might use it on this.

Just wondering General version or Basic?

Sorry but Field Marshall is too rich for my budget right now.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

Quote from: CJReich46 on March 19, 2020, 02:16:24 PM
I know I have my anniversary coupon so I might use it on this.

Just wondering General version or Basic?

Sorry but Field Marshall is too rich for my budget right now.

I quite like the skins that come with the General edition, if cosmetic DLC is your thing -- there's lots of great historical camo selections that look awesome.  The only other in-game thing you get for the extra $10 is 4 scenarios -- I'm not sure which ones came with the upgrade, and I haven't played them yet, but they seem worthwhile -- for example, a full-scale invasion of Poland map, and a Defense of Berlin level that includes randomized waves of enemies.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Those bits come with the Field Marshall version?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on March 19, 2020, 02:49:25 PM
^Those bits come with the Field Marshall version?

They come with both upgrade versions.  The only extra bonus you get with Field Marshal is future DLC, I believe.  Edited my comment to clarify  :-"
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Steelgrave

$29.49 for the General Edition with my anniversary coupon!!! That's less than ordering pizza for the fam and I'll enjoy it a helluva lot longer. Thank you Matrix/Slitherine   :bd:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

So I started with Barbarossa 41 in the north. Is it me being the shittiest Panzer General Panzer Corps player ever, or is the campaign insanely fucking difficult? I'm on the second battle and I'm supposed to cap 11 victory hexes - including downtown Leningrad - with the exact same force I barely took the six victory hexes in the Baltics with. And I'm playing on the easiest difficulty.

I don't remember the original PC being anywhere near this difficult.

al_infierno

^ I've only tried the campaign starting in 1939, and so far I've definitely found requisition points to be scarcer than PC1.  Nothing too crazy yet, but will weigh in once I've reached 1941 and beyond.

- MengJiao

CJReich46

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 19, 2020, 03:54:36 PM
$29.49 for the General Edition with my anniversary coupon!!! That's less than ordering pizza for the fam and I'll enjoy it a helluva lot longer. Thank you Matrix/Slitherine   :bd:
I'm a little over 30.00 on the General. So I'm thinking I might go for it. It is payday tomorrow.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

GeneralHawk

Picked it up, couldn't resist. Field Marshall Ed.

Lovely game. The details on the units are wonderful to play with, sounds are great, and yes the campaign seems to be extremely engaging. My perspective goes back to Panzer General, which I still  play on occasion. Couldn't be happier with the purchase and, already, can't wait for more.
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

FlickJax

Quote from: GeneralHawk on March 20, 2020, 07:59:59 AM
Picked it up, couldn't resist. Field Marshall Ed.

Lovely game. The details on the units are wonderful to play with, sounds are great, and yes the campaign seems to be extremely engaging. My perspective goes back to Panzer General, which I still  play on occasion. Couldn't be happier with the purchase and, already, can't wait for more.

:)

Apocalypse 31

I think the developers bit off more than they can chew with this, but I hope the game can get some love. It has a ton of promise.

Unfortunately, I am beyond 2hrs of gameplay and cannot refund, or I would. This game is not ready for a release.

-'Online' Multiplayer (new MP feature) doesn't work - results with a crash to desktop whenever players stop playing 'online' and go to PBEM.
-Random Battle Generator - cannot select opponent faction
-MP content is extremely low - game was advertised with 'cooperative' capability but only has 2 scenarios. One of which (Husky) is insanely difficult and not enjoyable.
and a bunch of other stuff that nobody cares about

Grim.Reaper

Wanted to try this but have read in a number of posts that GPU gets pegged near 100% a lot......not a big fan of games that make the GPU run that hot, especially this game where graphics are far less than others.

devoncop

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 20, 2020, 08:51:33 PM
I think the developers bit off more than they can chew with this, but I hope the game can get some love. It has a ton of promise.

Unfortunately, I am beyond 2hrs of gameplay and cannot refund, or I would. This game is not ready for a release.

-'Online' Multiplayer (new MP feature) doesn't work - results with a crash to desktop whenever players stop playing 'online' and go to PBEM.
-MP content is extremely low - game was advertised with 'cooperative' capability but only has 2 scenarios. One of which (Husky) is insanely difficult and not enjoyable.

I lost patience with it earlier thankfully so got my refund.

Not a fan of the UI and some of the mechanics just didn't do it for me.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: devoncop on March 21, 2020, 04:34:56 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 20, 2020, 08:51:33 PM

I lost patience with it earlier thankfully so got my refund.

Not a fan of the UI and some of the mechanics just didn't do it for me.

The UI is annoying.

Gameplay mechanics are lost on me, thusfar. Units seem to have their max force set at 15 now instead of 10 and the combat is somewhat more complicated - units don't die very easily and the AI will reinforce the heck out of stuff, so basically I'm fighting fully reinforced units every turn while my force slowly dwindles and I lose prestige.