Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

Martok

Quote from: WYBaugh on May 21, 2020, 08:00:16 PM
Civ VI is up
Saw that.  I grabbed it, although I don't know whether I'll ever actually play it. 

I nearly picked up Mechwarriors 5 as well, but for the ratings & reviews it's received, I can't make myself get it for less than 50% off. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

fran

Just picked up Civ VI for free  ;D

Tpek

A remastered version of Saints Row The Third came out on EGS a couple of days ago.
Has anyone tried it?

steve58

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is live and free on Epic.  It includes  BORDERLANDS 2 and BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL and a ton of DLC.  Here is the Steam link so you can see whats included.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2020, 10:48:45 AM
Troy Total War will be free on Epic on August 13, 2020:

https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/?mc_cid=ec77d2da50&mc_eid=7b66aeff0c
...And an Epic exclusive for one year.  >:(  What a crock of shit. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

It's ok, I still have to start campaigns in Thrones of Britannia and Three Kingdoms. That will occupy me for the year a time least.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Martok on June 02, 2020, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2020, 10:48:45 AM
Troy Total War will be free on Epic on August 13, 2020:

https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/?mc_cid=ec77d2da50&mc_eid=7b66aeff0c
...And an Epic exclusive for one year.  >:(  What a crock of shit.

This is just a scumbag move.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Martok

To be fair to CA, I suspect they took Epic's money so that they would at least break even on Troy.  Given what happened with ToB (their previous Saga title), I wouldn't really blame them. 

I just don't want to split up my Total War games between two platforms, especially when the one (Epic) doesn't have any workshop support.  I also don't want to give any more of my money to Beijing than I can help; I'm sure I already give them too much of it as it is. 

devoncop

Quote from: Martok on June 02, 2020, 08:52:32 PM
To be fair to CA, I suspect they took Epic's money so that they would at least break even on Troy.  Given what happened with ToB (their previous Saga title), I wouldn't really blame them. 

I just don't want to split up my Total War games between two platforms, especially when the one (Epic) doesn't have any workshop support.  I also don't want to give any more of my money to Beijing than I can help; I'm sure I already give them too much of it as it is.

If you pick up the game for free how are you giving Beijing (or indeed anyone else) any money ?

I share your distaste for subsidising the Chinese state but in this case you would be costing them rather than paying them surely ?

I will probably pick it up for free.

Still wont buy any games off the platform though :-)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

ToB is a fairly dark and not very popular subject. I am not surprised it didn't sale so much. I am going to wait as well, mostly because i don't like exclusive deals and also because i want to have my games either on GOG or on steam...I find EPICs launcher to be fairly annoying with popups and the like.

I am very surprised they give it for free for one day....this is a huge loss of money but i guess they hope to attract many new customers.

Martok

Quote from: devoncop on June 03, 2020, 01:05:26 AM

If you pick up the game for free how are you giving Beijing (or indeed anyone else) any money ?

I share your distaste for subsidising the Chinese state but in this case you would be costing them rather than paying them surely ?

I will probably pick it up for free.

Still wont buy any games off the platform though :-)
If there's DLC, I'd prefer to purchase it from Steam. 

(Actually, I'd prefer to purchase it from GOG, but we'll have developed FTL travel before any TW game is sold on that platform. :P ) 

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on June 03, 2020, 02:59:35 AM
ToB is a fairly dark and not very popular subject. I am not surprised it didn't sale so much.
Thrones of Britannia's failure had far more to do with the "experimental" changes the devs made to the game, rather than the subject matter.  There were also some butt-hurt knobs who insisted Thrones was only a reskinned Attila made as a cash-grab.  :idiot2: 

Quote from: Anguille on June 03, 2020, 02:59:35 AM
I am very surprised they give it for free for one day....this is a huge loss of money but i guess they hope to attract many new customers.
That is no doubt precisely what Epic hopes to accomplish. 

steve58

Well looks like the run of free games correctly predicted from the "leak" is over.  No ARK: Survival Evolved this week.  Instead a game called Overcooked! ???.  Still hope for next week as its another mystery game.

...and ARK: Survival Evolved is not even listed on Epic anymore, just a free ARK editor ???
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)