Author Topic: Epic?  (Read 19502 times)

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
Re: Epic?
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
If you like basketball, free game this week is NBA2k1...not too shabby for free.

How is the port for this year's game?  I recall they're usually terrible.

I have never had any issues with the port to PC...always play on PC.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2021, 03:14:04 PM »
If you go by the Steam reviews, its "mostly negative", but WTH, its free.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
Current weekly freebie on Epic is Frostpunk.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/frostpunk
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:08:25 AM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline fran

• Equites
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
Current weekly freebie on Epic is Frostpunk.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/frostpunk

I picked this up over the weekend, a quality game. Enjoy it a lot with some novel gameplay. One has 2 tech trees to research one deal with moral decisions. Do you make use of child labour vs allow them education etc..

Another concept is giant automations (Think War of the worlds) that will replace the human labour in a building.

It also has an exploration element with some decision choices to make.

Graphics is great, and one can use the fast fwd button, without getting bogged down in micromanagement.

Enjoy the concept of playing in the polar environment, the ongoing issue of keeping your population warm to ensure they are less susceptible to ill health....but then again if you do decide to make the moral choice of amputations to save lives you can replace it with bionic limbs if you choose...     :)

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »
If you are into trains, one of the current weekly freebies is Train Sim World 2.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
If you are into trains, one of the current weekly freebies is Train Sim World 2.

Mother Gunship is also free this week, which is a pretty cool game too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Redwolf

• Viking
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »

Thank you!

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2021, 07:58:06 PM »
Epic has sunk $500M into the Epic Games Store, doesn't expect to make a profit until 2027

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-has-sunk-dollar500m-into-the-epic-games-store-doesnt-expect-to-make-a-profit-until-2027/

:o
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »
Current freebie is Rebel Galaxy.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2021, 10:45:06 AM »
I want to get my mind off COVID and Afghanistan, so I'm thinking about Old World, which is available only on Epic. I have yet to download the Epic client, but if I were to do that, it would be for Old World. Anyone playing it?
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »
I want to get my mind off COVID and Afghanistan, so I'm thinking about Old World, which is available only on Epic. I have yet to download the Epic client, but if I were to do that, it would be for Old World. Anyone playing it?

I have it, but only lightly dabbled early on when it was first offered for early access. It did not grab me at the time and I uninstalled it until further development. I'm not suggesting that you take a pass, but for me, it didn't grab a hold. YMMV.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2021, 11:02:35 AM »
^Thanks man.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
oops...wrong game/thread.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:03:50 PM by steve58 »

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2021, 03:42:03 PM »
Saints Row: The Third Remastered free on Epic until 9/2/21.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2021, 03:46:11 PM »
^Void Bastards too...pretty cool game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog