Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on May 20, 2021, 03:58:11 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 20, 2021, 11:05:50 AM
If you like basketball, free game this week is NBA2k1...not too shabby for free.

How is the port for this year's game?  I recall they're usually terrible.

I have never had any issues with the port to PC...always play on PC.

steve58

If you go by the Steam reviews, its "mostly negative", but WTH, its free.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Current weekly freebie on Epic is Frostpunk.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/frostpunk
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

fran

Quote from: steve58 on June 03, 2021, 10:05:45 AM
Current weekly freebie on Epic is Frostpunk.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/frostpunk

I picked this up over the weekend, a quality game. Enjoy it a lot with some novel gameplay. One has 2 tech trees to research one deal with moral decisions. Do you make use of child labour vs allow them education etc..

Another concept is giant automations (Think War of the worlds) that will replace the human labour in a building.

It also has an exploration element with some decision choices to make.

Graphics is great, and one can use the fast fwd button, without getting bogged down in micromanagement.

Enjoy the concept of playing in the polar environment, the ongoing issue of keeping your population warm to ensure they are less susceptible to ill health....but then again if you do decide to make the moral choice of amputations to save lives you can replace it with bionic limbs if you choose...     :)

steve58

If you are into trains, one of the current weekly freebies is Train Sim World 2.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on July 29, 2021, 10:15:33 AM
If you are into trains, one of the current weekly freebies is Train Sim World 2.

Mother Gunship is also free this week, which is a pretty cool game too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: steve58 on July 29, 2021, 10:15:33 AM

Thank you!

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

steve58

Gusington

I want to get my mind off COVID and Afghanistan, so I'm thinking about Old World, which is available only on Epic. I have yet to download the Epic client, but if I were to do that, it would be for Old World. Anyone playing it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2021, 11:45:06 AM
I want to get my mind off COVID and Afghanistan, so I'm thinking about Old World, which is available only on Epic. I have yet to download the Epic client, but if I were to do that, it would be for Old World. Anyone playing it?

I have it, but only lightly dabbled early on when it was first offered for early access. It did not grab me at the time and I uninstalled it until further development. I'm not suggesting that you take a pass, but for me, it didn't grab a hold. YMMV.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

oops...wrong game/thread.

steve58

Jarhead0331

^Void Bastards too...pretty cool game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog