Chicken Sandwich Wars

Started by steve58, September 10, 2019, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

add a stout beer to the mix and problem solved
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

New Player in town, Burger King's "CH-KING". $5 Gets you either Regular or Spicy. Mediocre effort in my humble opinion sad to say.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Jack's introduced fried chicken last month, upon customer request (supposedly, or that's how it's being marketed) -- which I know about because a Jack's opened up about 15 minutes south of here back around January.

Mom and I tried their new fried chicken sandwich and... it was edible. Not bad, just edible. Lots of chicken meat, but white breast meat is hard to make tasty, and neither their bun nor their breading helps much. Comes standard with a couple of pickle slices, as with Chick-fil-a, which does admittedly help but it's no Chick-fil-a sandwich. I'd rather eat something else there in the future, but I do allow that it has a lot of meat for the money.

Still haven't gotten around to Wendy's new chicken sandwich, despite a new one of those opening up last year (bad timing!) about 25 minutes south of here, which I pass on a semi-regular basis -- though rarely by myself anymore, and Mom has no more interest in eating at Wendy's. Meanwhile, the local KFC on the corner, only a strong par 5 south of the new Wendy's, closed last year, so I haven't gotten their new sandwich either. The closest Popeyes is more than 45 minutes south, so still nothing from there yet either, though I'm very interested.

I used to love BK, but their food quality has been slowly dipping for a long time, and so I expect their entry in the chicken-sandwich war to be almost as tasteless as their marketing for the sandwich. ;) But I wouldn't be adverse to hearing better about it; the more good sandwiches in the world, chicken or otherwise, the better.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Finally, a war I can support and participate in.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I can say that the local Jacks has improved their chicken sandwich's taste subtly but noticably in the past two years.

I did eventually eat a Wendy's fried chicken sandwich since the last posting, and while I felt gypped more by their hideous fries neither do I ever care to try that again when I know of better options. (Arguably including Arbys across the street although I recall some decades ago when I was in college that their chicken was sawdust plank-y, so to speak.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar helped me gain about 25 pounds at my first job out of college  :ThumbsUp:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Still have never gotten a Popeye's chicken sandwich, despite loving their chicken. (And eating their Po Boys with other stuff on it, too, including shrimp and I think even crawfish occasionally.)

Incidentally (since the combo-store topic comes up), the Subway/PizzaPro combo here in Dyer does gangsbusters business, and the quality only suffers due to a lack of labor market: I'll often be there when only one poor worker (usually but not always one with experience at least!) has to take care of both sides at once. I've occasionally thought I should retire to help manage that store.

(I kind of live at that store.  :cool: I've been going more than once a day on average for 20 years, and the staff jokes that I pay the wage for at least one person there. I have more than once been mistaken as the owner by visitors!)

Sir Slash

I don't know about their sandwiches, but their Hot & Spicy Wings are so damned hot they'll burn a hole in the box they come in before you can them home.  :shocked: