Guild Wars 2 and Groghead Guild

Started by son_of_montfort, August 18, 2012, 10:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Hey everyone.

Just wondering who here was getting Guild Wars 2 so that we could organize a bit of a Grogheads guild for fun and profit (and possibly some PVP)?

I don't know anything about the servers, but I have heard that Stormbluff Isle might be a good choice.

The turnout here might not be huge, but I think I read you can belong to multiple guilds and I know a few people from Octopus Overlords and a group that calls themselves the Wanderers, so we could always try to hook up with one of them. The OO people are a lot of fun and despite the fact that some of them have heathen political proclivities compared to members here, I think we would get along swimmingly.

Anyway, we should definitely plan something. If there is going to be interest, I will research how to set up a Guild and such.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Tpek on August 18, 2012, 11:11:15 AM
Count me in SoM.  8)

Have you done any thinking about servers? I just now got looking into it. You are over at OO, aren't you? They are being wishy-washy about their server, so I thought it best to mobilize more stable people.  ;)
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 18, 2012, 12:49:10 PM
Quote from: Tpek on August 18, 2012, 11:11:15 AM
Count me in SoM.  8)

Have you done any thinking about servers? I just now got looking into it. You are over at OO, aren't you? They are being wishy-washy about their server, so I thought it best to mobilize more stable people.  ;)

OO???

I haven't done any thinking about servers.
In the Beta I randomly picked one :P

All I prefer is an English PvE one (no free open world PvP).

Huw the Poo

I'll probably be getting this (have it on pre-order but may have to cancel it).  If so I'm definitely in, although I probably won't be online at the same time as you guys much. :(

Nefaro

I'm not pre-ordering (I think?) so I'll probably jump in when I'm good & ready after release.

AFAIK, my current guild is gonna be there (dunno how many) so I'll probably be hanging with them.  However, I can probably have our guildmiss ally you guys or whatever.  Pretty sure there's one other person hereabouts who's been in that guild too.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on August 19, 2012, 10:13:41 PM
I'm not pre-ordering (I think?) so I'll probably jump in when I'm good & ready after release.

AFAIK, my current guild is gonna be there (dunno how many) so I'll probably be hanging with them.  However, I can probably have our guildmiss ally you guys or whatever.  Pretty sure there's one other person hereabouts who's been in that guild too.

Me. Except I kinda stopped playing SWTOR for now. :P

Tpek

Anyone seen SoM?
He made a mysterious post then disappeared :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on August 20, 2012, 10:03:11 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 19, 2012, 10:13:41 PM

Me. Except I kinda stopped playing SWTOR for now. :P

Oh, you were?  I guess there was two others at various times, then.  :D

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on August 20, 2012, 12:37:04 PM
Anyone seen SoM?

I'm convinced he only comes out during a new moon.   

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2012, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: Tpek on August 20, 2012, 12:37:04 PM
Anyone seen SoM?

I'm convinced he only comes out during a new moon.

You mean he is a were-liberal?????

Martok

Quote from: Tpek on August 21, 2012, 11:05:14 AM

[guffaws]

Apologies for the OT post, but that's pure comedy gold!  Stealing that for my sig.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Quote from: Martok on August 22, 2012, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: Tpek on August 21, 2012, 11:05:14 AM

[guffaws]

Apologies for the OT post, but that's pure comedy gold!  Stealing that for my sig.  8)

Yay! I've reached the Legendary status of one who has had himself quoted in a sig!  8)

Shelldrake

I plan to pick up GW2 but will most likely wait for the price to drop a bit.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Huw the Poo

I was still deciding whether to go ahead with my pre-order, when suddenly my retailer emailed me a headstart code!  They aren't even on the list so I didn't think I'd get one.  Needless to say, it's sealed the deal and I'll be in tomorrow. :D