Amazing Customer Service Experience

Started by Jarhead0331, July 01, 2021, 09:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I had the most amazing customer experience today. By far the best I have ever had from any product manufacturer...ever. So, as I posted a few days back, I recently ordered a Pimax 8kx through Amazon and a few days after I received the headset I got a follow up email advising that Pimax offers a free service to schedule a remote set-up session by telephone where a Pimax rep will walk you through a custom set-up based on your system hardware to maximize the potential of the headset. I figured, I'd send an email asking to schedule the call and I might hear from someone in China in about 2 weeks.

Almost immediately, I received a response asking if I wanted a slot between 2:00 and 4:00 on the following day. I took 4:00 and was shocked when at 4:00 on the button I received a call. The tech was not some dude with a binder in Shanghai. It was Kevin Henderson, the Chief Operating Officer of Pimax...this is the number two guy behind the CEO of the company. Kevin spent over an hour on the phone with me listening to my feedback, explaining how the Pimax hardware works and why certain settings impact performance the way they do. It was an awesome and fascinating discussion. Kevin knows everything there is to know about VR headsets, and he even helped develop the Reverb G2. His knowledge is critical because there is so much opinion and misinformation regarding VR settings and hardware on the internet. The discussion was fascinating and I wish we had more time. 

I'm still shocked that the COO of the company is taking it upon himself to help customers in this direct, personal fashion. Kevin left the door open for an ongoing dialogue and future question and answer sessions. Although I am still trying to tweak the headset on my rig, I am simply blown away by this unusual (and quite frankly, unprecedented) approach to customer service and relations.  Before this call, I was sure the art of customer service in this economically driven world of ours was dead. Kevin proved that it is still very much alive. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Glad to hear that there are still companies where the customer is king. O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

That's a fantastic story.  You should publish it on the homepage with Pimax in the title so it will get Google hits.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

At first I thought the thread title was laced with snark and sarcasm. I was wrong!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd