Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Kerbal Space Program 1.10 Shared Horizons is coming on July 1.

Big news, Kerbonauts: We're partnering with ESA for the 1.10 update #SharedHorizons!

We're excited to include ESA Space Transportation Ariane 5 and two ESA Science missions Bepi Colombo and Rosseta, to the game.

Releasing on PC on July 1st. Coming soon to consoles. More info to come.

https://www.space.com/kerbal-space-program-esa-shared-horizons-expansion.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

steve58

...in a couple of weeks we will be celebrating the game's 10th anniversary. And on that day, we are releasing Kerbal Space Program 1.12: On Final Approach, our 12th major free update!

Kerbal Space Program 1.12: On Final Approach is going to be special in many ways. We are not only packing this free update with a massive amount of new content, player requests and all sorts of fixes, but it is also our thank you letter to everyone in our community who supported us along the way and made our dreams come true. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, or rather move on to the next chapter. So yes, On Final Approach is the last major planned release for Kerbal Space Program.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/202965-ksp-loading-getting-ready-to-celebrate/

Coming June 24th.

Yskonyn

I recall they said the same thing when the contracts patch dropped a few years back.
But I guess the time has come for real. They've improved the overa graphics and added many requested components. I do see where the devtime vs reward curve is flattening here.
Absolute top tier game! Many thanks for the devs for sticking with it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

Thanks for the link Yskonyn. 

How and where I stumbled on KSP on the internet is long forgotten, but I remember being utterly fascinated with it.  I played the heck out of the first demo version (0.7.3) (I still have downloads of the pre-release versions burned on a CD/DVD somewhere).  This was in the days prior to early access and Kickstarter, but the KSP devs set up a store/site for buying in to help development.  I remember the buy in cost was a whopping $7.  I liked the game so much I went all out and sent them $10 in August 2011. :buck2:  Best $10 I ever spent.  Looking forward to KSP 2.  It probably won't be a Day 1 purchase because I want to see what the new devs have done with it, but I'm sure I'll grab it.