Worthington Games black Friday sale

Started by GJK, November 23, 2012, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

This email came from Worthington Games today:
Happy Holidays from Worthington Games!!!!

We are having a Black Friday Weekend Sale that continues until this Sunday at midnight, including two of our all time best sellers!

The following games are only $15.00 each.

COWBOYS

HOLD THE LINE

PRUSSIA'S DEFIANT STAND

CAESAR'S GALLIC WAR

MEDWAR SICILY

CHAINMAIL

Each only $15.00,,,,you can get six new games for less than $100,,,

Go to www.worthingtongames.com to order today!

Happy Holidays to all,
I picked up Hold the Line (Memoir '44 clone game covering the Revolutionary War) for $15.  Thinking about Cowboys and Chainmail as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Hold the Line is a fun game, although I wouldn't call its a Memoir '44 clone.  Chainmail looked interesting but I just can't pull the trigger.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

Stuck with just Hold the Line.  Good reviews.  Similar to C&C/Memoir it seems but without cards.  Should be a fun little filler game for when we want something lighter.  Plus my son is a huge Revolutionary War buff so it's a good fit.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

TheCommandTent

So does anyone know anything about CAESAR'S GALLIC WAR it has peaked my interest.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: GJK on November 23, 2012, 10:32:27 PM
Stuck with just Hold the Line.  Good reviews.  Similar to C&C/Memoir it seems but without cards.  Should be a fun little filler game for when we want something lighter.  Plus my son is a huge Revolutionary War buff so it's a good fit.

Looks a lot like their Napoleon's War games, only with counters. If so, it should fit the bill as a nice little easy tactical game.

TheCommandTent

I couldn't help myself at those prices and picked up Chainmail and got Hold the Line for a friend.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs