Invite to WSS game at Grimsby

Started by nevermore, March 11, 2013, 03:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

So once the Six Nations have finished what are you going to do on a Saturday instead of watching rugby?

The answer - come down to Grimsby and join our "mega lead" War of the Spanish Succession game.

It's being played over three table with a total surface area of nearly 200sq feet with a table length of 35 feet.

There will be over sixty battalions of infantry and two hundred squadrons of horse for somewhere in the region of 3,000 28mm figures being used, representing a wide variety of nations.

Rules are our own simple and easy to follow house rules (advance copies available if requested).

undercovergeek

now i know you have your own frikking house i fear i may turn up with sleeping bag and pillow, oh and some bedraggled old homeless guy...............

...........Bob, thats him!

i need to liase with the aforementioned Geordie/Brummie about a good time - i think March is out, April looks good from here but after the first half

bob48

You called?

Aye lad, we'll need to have a conflab about it, although I still hope I may be able to drop in and see you in March, and mayhap we can figure something out then.

Anyroadup. March is deffo out due to other arrangements and whatnot, but April is looking clear as of now.

One way or another, I hope to take up nevermore's kind offer and dribble down my bib at the fantastic setup they have there.

ps - can we take lots of piccies to post on Grogs and make the lads wish they could get to sunny Grimsby?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

nevermore you are just teasing and mocking those who live across the Atlantic and can't make it.   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

nevermore

If April is for you we can work a date whatever you want and what game you want on the tabletop.

undercovergeek

Quote from: nevermore on March 12, 2013, 12:09:47 PM
If April is for you we can work a date whatever you want and what game you want on the tabletop.

oh man if you can get topless barmaids in the kitchen ive died and gone to heaven

undercovergeek

nevermore

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 11, 2013, 06:55:10 PM
nevermore you are just teasing and mocking those who live across the Atlantic and can't make it.   :P

Sorry Commandtent wish i could help..barmaids .. topless ... you ever seen the women in Grimsby they look more like russian women weightlifters

image upload

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys