Time of Crisis: Vassal Learning Game

Started by ArizonaTank, July 23, 2017, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I've got it already, thx. Just funny that I loaded the wrong module.

My only question now is whether I'm supposed to "end turn". I've done that and ended logfile, but then I went back and kind of worried that no one else ended turn.  :-\

Possibly "end turn" means nothing in this game? Or not in the initial setup? Nothing random was done, so if I made a mistake by ending turn, I can go back and just begin a new log file.

I assume henceforth, what will happen is that Larry (AzTank) will advance the logfile down to where he finished out, and then when Dave starts Az will begin his logfile so that Az as Az steps through everyone else's moves and comments those will be recorded for Dave; then Az makes his moves (still recording); then ends the logfile (but next turns first?). Then Dave loads it up, steps through his prior move, then begins a new logfile with Vance (Barth's) move, stepping through Barth, mine, and Az's moves, then through Dave's own new moves, then ending logfile (with an end-turn first?)

And so on. That way each of us will be able to see a reminder of what we did one turn ago, plus what everyone else did between then and our turn.

Have I got that right?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

I've uploaded my logfile, assuming for now I did everything correctly. Obvs if not, erase that and let me know and I'll quickly replay from after Vance's Turn zero with proper fixes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 30, 2017, 03:24:06 PM
I've got it already, thx. Just funny that I loaded the wrong module.

My only question now is whether I'm supposed to "end turn". I've done that and ended logfile, but then I went back and kind of worried that no one else ended turn.  :-\

Possibly "end turn" means nothing in this game? Or not in the initial setup? Nothing random was done, so if I made a mistake by ending turn, I can go back and just begin a new log file.

I assume henceforth, what will happen is that Larry (AzTank) will advance the logfile down to where he finished out, and then when Dave starts Az will begin his logfile so that Az as Az steps through everyone else's moves and comments those will be recorded for Dave; then Az makes his moves (still recording); then ends the logfile (but next turns first?). Then Dave loads it up, steps through his prior move, then begins a new logfile with Vance (Barth's) move, stepping through Barth, mine, and Az's moves, then through Dave's own new moves, then ending logfile (with an end-turn first?)

And so on. That way each of us will be able to see a reminder of what we did one turn ago, plus what everyone else did between then and our turn.

Have I got that right?

The file was good. 

I hadn't paid attention to the "end turn" button before...  basically it cleans up the counter cards that appear in the middle of the board when you play cards.  This feature is just to help you keep track of unspent points.  The button cleans them up.   If it doesn't get pushed, no tragedy, but it is a good habit to finish your turn with it. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 30, 2017, 03:29:03 PM
I've uploaded my logfile, assuming for now I did everything correctly. Obvs if not, erase that and let me know and I'll quickly replay from after Vance's Turn zero with proper fixes.

It was good.  DM and I have done our turns.  Waiting for Barth

BTW, I am going on a brief business trip.  Back Tuesday night
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.