Shadow Empire Blind Game (FULL)

Started by Yskonyn, June 04, 2020, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Well the title says it all!
With the game just released we are all still blind as to what gameplay consequences we can expect from our decisions in managing our city state, but that will result in great stories!
This mp matchup is not about min maxing, but having fun in a new game which seems to be very deep and therefore sharing the awesome stories that will arise from the playthrough!

I am looking to start with at least 3 human players and full fog of war.
Turn cycle can be slower paced because everyone has to learn the game still, but do try to keep up the pace as much as possible.

Details to be discussed after we have the players.

Who's up for this? C'mon, don't be a wimp! Let's go Mad Max on Arrakis! :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

I grabbed the game.  I'll play even though I have no clue what I'm doing!
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Yskonyn

That makes a full game! Wow!
Let me set it up and send it over. I don't think it uses the Slitherine PBEM++ system (yet?), so I think I'll need your email addresses. Please PM them.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

al_infierno

Keep us updated on how it goes, Groggies!  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tripoli

jamus34

JasonPratt

Bought it, but haven't downloaded yet (except at work to peruse the manual on break).

PM sent.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

I ran a short test setup and it seems like its going to be the old school way of doing PBEM, which is odd given the fact that Matrix/Slitherine has the excellent PBEM++ system.

EDIT: This is now confirmed by Vic over at Matrix. It's classic IGO-UGO setup, so we send savegames in a roundabout fashion.

We will have to establish order of play and from what I gather each player needs to send the savegame to the player that comes next, while player 4 sends it back to me.

That would mean your email address will have to be shared with others. If that is a problem for you then please let us know.

1. Yskonyn
2. JasonPratt
3. Jamus
4. Tripoli

So I will send to Jason, Jason sends to Jamus, Jamus to Tripoli and Tripoli back to me.

jamus34

Weird, but I'm fine with it.

Ysk, since we all sent you our emails can you just send out a PM to the whole team with all emails, assuming everyone else is comfortable with it?

Yskonyn

Sure, I'll do it once Jason and Tripoli have confirmed.

Tripoli

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 05, 2020, 06:54:06 AM
Sure, I'll do it once Jason and Tripoli have confirmed.

I've sent  a PM to you.  Let me know if you didn't get it.

JasonPratt

That's fine; I did send a pm with my email, and you can share it with Jamus.

airboy

I hope someone will post details of the slaughter.  I'm interested in the game and would like to hear how it plays out.