7 Days to Die Grog Invitational Server

Started by ArizonaTank, January 30, 2022, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Just set up a 7 Days to Die Grog Server... Private invitation only server, so should be a civil crowd.

Server is set on easy settings, so good for someone just starting out. Or if you just want a relatively "chill" zombie experience.

If this interests you, and you are a Groghead in good standing, PM me for invite.

BTW, 7 Days to Die is on sale for about $8 until Feb 3rd.

If you haven't played it for a while, it might be worth trying again...the game has matured quite a bit.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

I started a temp base in the house beside trader bob. My chests and stuff is in the attic, unlocked, help yourself. Not much ammo, but some pipe weapons and mods for clubs. Food, water and some extra clothes also.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on January 30, 2022, 09:06:41 PM
I started a temp base in the house beside trader bob. My chests and stuff is in the attic, unlocked, help yourself. Not much ammo, but some pipe weapons and mods for clubs. Food, water and some extra clothes also.

Thanks, you are a gentleman and a zombie killer!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Dammit Carl!

Oooo.  Need to give this one a revisit, then.

-budd-

Appreciate you having the server. Don't know if ill be on for the hoard but my advice is don't fight the hoard where you base. Im trying to knock out some trader quests to get the bike bundle reward, I hate walking around.

Truth be told haven't played with a 7 day hoard in a while. I pretty much play a modded game with 24/7 open traders, more wandering hoards and more zombies in cities, with feral sense on at night. It can get pretty intense, feral sense is dangerous, fire a gun or have a light on and you'll draw every zombie in the neighborhood and spend all night fighting or running. The wasteland is so much more dangerous, but the loot is better. Alpha 20 is a giant step forward in my eyes. I just hope they optimize the game better. When I go downtown in a big city for a level 4 or 5 level quest the big poi's lag like hell, so I'm stuck with level 4 quest max right now.

One of the best things about the game and probably why I've played it so long is there are so many settings and mods. You can play how you want to play, so many settings you can change. My next SP run been thinking about having 24/7 night time with feral sense and sprinting zombies, on the second hardest setting. I'll max out my stealth settings and give myself night vision goggles and a silenced pistol and crossbow, maybe max out my blade skills. See how long I can survive.

Thx again for the server. You use your forum name on the server?  Ill be on when I can for some MP fun, I must find my microphone, typing is slow form of communication.

JasonPratt

I'm on the server, too, so I'm posting to subscribe for thread chat/updates. (Most chat for our game is on a Facebook group.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

I traveled to your base Jason, left you some stuff. Your town wasn't the trader mission i have, there is a city between where our base is and yours. MY bike dropped through the map on the way over, luckily it appeared about 100 yards away from where it went under the map. 7 completed trader quests get you a free bike, you get reward choices but i always take the bike.

jamus34

I think I have this but never put in any time. Maybe I should check it out.
Insert witty comment here.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: jamus34 on February 02, 2022, 06:12:17 PM
I think I have this but never put in any time. Maybe I should check it out.

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 30, 2022, 10:09:50 PM
Oooo.  Need to give this one a revisit, then.

Hey guys...  come on in!!!  PM me if you want the server information
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

Jumped on for a bit. My bike is unlocked for use, its out in front of your base Jason, in the bike rack. I left stuff in your storage box, its all extra stuff use what you want.

JasonPratt

Thanks! -- I never noticed the bike in the bikerack, but I'll probably leave it there for your use, rather than risk it glitching or being lost somehow in travel.

The extra stuff in my box(es) were all gladly accepted, especially the level-4 pipe gun (I found a level 3 already so I can sell that off), and the pipe-machine-gun, which shortly after picking up I used to kill a monstrous bear rubbing a fence across the street from my roof base. (Using semi-auto plinking, not full auto.) So I got plenty of boiled meat and leather etc. from that!

(I randomly learned how to make AK-47s, but I'm nowhere near able to use that knowledge yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

-budd-

Was on for a couple of hours. I organized things a bit. There's a bunch of plans in the trader sell chest, i already read them, not sure if you can read them. They didn't disappear like they usually do when you read them. Hopefully you can read them if not they sell. I got a second bike, the purple one is yours, out front. Any clothes, ammo, guns, armor or mods in the chests are up for grabs i have the stuff i use on me or my bike, help yourself. The Western town is just a little bit NE of your town. I'll probably head there or the big city next time im on. I'll probably set up a permanent base in the big city, if the FPS isn't to low while i'm in there.

JasonPratt

The server clock is currently standing at 17:39 on a blood moon afternoon, Budd, so be careful if you go on alone. If I can get AzTank and/or Gar to make a plan, I'll pm you by Steam to let you know.