Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader

Started by Jarhead0331, June 07, 2022, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Not at all - the main scenario at the back of the book is about 12 crimson fist marines v 20 odd orks fighting for control of a farm area when you had major and minor heroes and a champion and you could pick from any part of the armoury

I'm sure there are still groups out there playing this version but with new models

Jarhead0331

The closed alpha was released today. I couldn't resist. I had to get a founder's edition to get access. It looks like it is coming along very well. Impressions to follow...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

kludger

Looking forward to your impressions.
This is a must buy for me so am tempted to dive in during EA now, but I did the same for Baldur's Gate 3 when it entered EA and years later even a beta of the full game is not available yet, so am a bit cautious and curious what is there in Rogue Trader EA at this point.

SirAndrewD

Rogue Trader released today. 

I'm already throwing orphans out of airlocks! 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

devoncop

Will definitely pick this up at some point but with my experience of Pathfinder Kingmaker and "War of the Righteous" I will wait a bit until Owlcat patch the inevitable bugs.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

SirAndrewD

Quote from: devoncop on December 07, 2023, 04:21:55 PMWill definitely pick this up at some point but with my experience of Pathfinder Kingmaker and "War of the Righteous" I will wait a bit until Owlcat patch the inevitable bugs.

Early yet but so far the only bugs I've seen are the ones scurrying about on my Voidship.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 07, 2023, 03:28:47 PMI'm already throwing orphans out of airlocks! 
Eh, the bastards of heretics are chaos-touched from the jump, so it's really a favor you are doing for them.

Jarhead0331

I really like it, but it is brutally difficult and it is starting to put me off a little bit. I need to take a little break.

I've only come across one bug so far where a rebel soldier was trying to retreat, but it somehow got clipped on the edge of the map and couldn't get free. Then, i was unable to even target the guy on my next turn and had to reload from the last save.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Not sure I have ever seen a bigger patch, over 1,800 changes.  They do warn some spoilers in patch notes so read at your own risk.

https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/news/en/33