Reddit AMA with Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)

Started by mirth, July 10, 2014, 06:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett in Empire and Jedi, recently did an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2a8x31/hey_reddit_jeremy_bulloch_here_also_known_as_boba/

Some interesting tidbits. Turns out he's played 3 different SW roles - Boba Fett, an Imperial Captain in Empire, and a ship Captain in Revenge of the Sith.

And he stills looks bad ass in the armor!

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Nefaro

It's the braided human hairs on the right shoulder.  I suppose full-on scalps would be a bit too much, huh?  ;D

mirth

According to Star Wars lore, those are braids from the Wookies that Fett claimed the bounties on.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on July 21, 2014, 05:05:05 PM
According to Star Wars lore, those are braids from the Wookies that Fett claimed the bounties on.

I recall hearing something like that before.  It just didn't stick.  I think my brain GBs are close to capacity.  :D

Staggerwing

Any idea what weapon the gun was bashed from? IIRC, most SW guns are hacked from RL stuff like Mausers, MG42s, n'stuff.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

I know this is a crazy idea but you could just google Boba Fett's gun....
shocking idea isn't it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

I'm in the middle of making dinner for 1 kid, getting another ready for bathing, running back and forth between installing Xubuntu on an ancient laptop and reading a few posts at a time here at GH, and also trying to fold all the laundry. I was hoping one of you guys would do it for me.   ^-^
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 21, 2014, 06:06:57 PM
Any idea what weapon the gun was bashed from? IIRC, most SW guns are hacked from RL stuff like Mausers, MG42s, n'stuff.

That one looks like a hacked up single-shot grenade launcher or tear gas launcher.

A lot of the stuff from the originals were WW1&2 era weapons but not all.  I recall the original Fett gun was one of those older revolvers with it's attachable wood butt stock.  Painted and with a bunch of junk added to it, per usual.  A Webley perhaps?

Of course.. the stormtrooper "blaster rifles" were worked-up Stens.  Han's heavy blaster pistol being the "Broom handle" Mauser pistol.  Etc etc.

mirth

QuoteThe prop Boba Fett uses in the films is a modified Webley & Scott № 1 Mark "I" Flare Gun, built for use by British troops during WWI. To make it into the weapon of an intergalactic bounty hunter, prop makers added a rifle scope, some detail parts to the stock and either an MPP Microflash or Heiland Synchronar flash unit protruding from the end of the barrel. There were also some blocky detail pieces added between the scope mounts and the body of the gun.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EE-3_carbine_rifle

Nefaro

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 21, 2014, 06:31:04 PM
I'm in the middle of making dinner for 1 kid, getting another ready for bathing, running back and forth between installing Xubuntu on an ancient laptop and reading a few posts at a time here at GH, and also trying to fold all the laundry. I was hoping one of you guys would do it for me.   ^-^

You lazy fucker.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.