Presumably an imminent name change?

Started by meadbelly, July 31, 2012, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meadbelly

I understand that "SnoopDog" is now available. I can only assume that Grogheads was the second name choice, and now that the first is re-available. . .

My first request is a handle change. I'd like to steal HipHoppopotamus from New Zealand's Third Most Popular Comedy Folk Duo.

Any really, who wouldn't?

LongBlade

Quote from: meadbelly on July 31, 2012, 10:57:22 PM
I understand that "SnoopDog" is now available. I can only assume that Grogheads was the second name choice, and now that the first is re-available. . .

My first request is a handle change. I'd like to steal HipHoppopotamus from New Zealand's Third Most Popular Comedy Folk Duo.

Any really, who wouldn't?

I have the worst trouble settling on a gangsta name. "Snoop doggie dog" is just so classic. I wish I could be so cool.

El Hairless Mole Rat Bee just doesn't have the same cachet.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: meadbelly on July 31, 2012, 10:57:22 PMI can only assume that Grogheads was the second name choice

if only you knew how far down the list we went before we got to GrogHeads!  LB and I were on the phone for an hour trying to figure out what URL to register.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 01, 2012, 06:23:48 AM
Quote from: meadbelly on July 31, 2012, 10:57:22 PMI can only assume that Grogheads was the second name choice

if only you knew how far down the list we went before we got to GrogHeads!  LB and I were on the phone for an hour trying to figure out what URL to register.

Care to share what some of your other ideas were?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

DoctorQuest

I think it might be a bit better than GrogA$$es. (I do wonder sometimes, though........)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 01, 2012, 08:42:17 AMCare to share what some of your other ideas were?

not particularly.  in no specific order:

1. can't remember them all
2. don't need other people getting upset that we considered things a little too close to their names
3. some of them are already in use
4. don't need a legion of critics telling us "you shoulda picked that one!"

GrogHeads is what it is.  Might not be the best of all possible choices, but it's the one we are running with, and it's starting to build a decent brand out there based on our web traffic numbers (within 6 months or so, we're already one of the top 200k or so sites on the web, based on Alexa)

Let's focus our attention and energy on making it the best we can going forward, rather than living in the rearview mirror wondering 'what could've been'
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

I can understand that.  Just curious is all.  I'm that guy who always likes to 'look behind the curtain' to see how things to be.  ::)   I personally like the GrogHeads moniker.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

meadbelly

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 01, 2012, 09:21:25 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 01, 2012, 08:42:17 AMCare to share what some of your other ideas were?

not particularly.  in no specific order:

1. can't remember them all
2. don't need other people getting upset that we considered things a little too close to their names
3. some of them are already in use
4. don't need a legion of critics telling us "you shoulda picked that one!"

GrogHeads is what it is.  Might not be the best of all possible choices, but it's the one we are running with, and it's starting to build a decent brand out there based on our web traffic numbers (within 6 months or so, we're already one of the top 200k or so sites on the web, based on Alexa)

Let's focus our attention and energy on making it the best we can going forward, rather than living in the rearview mirror wondering 'what could've been'

If you're wondering why you couldn't register ImTooSexiforMyMeadbelly or DownWithPudding, thaz me.

Gusington

My 2nd choice for this place was Fred. Fred Doggie Dog. Not as catchy as GrogHeads but there you go. Majority rules and all that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 01, 2012, 09:21:25 AM
...and it's starting to build a decent brand out there based on our web traffic numbers (within 6 months or so, we're already one of the top 200k or so sites on the web, based on Alexa)

Most of that is probably due to the Lingerie Channel and..umm... a certain other thread...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

meadbelly

Um, if there is actually a lingerie channel here, I request viewing permissions.

Staggerwing

Quote from: meadbelly on August 02, 2012, 08:55:20 PM
Um, if there is actually a lingerie channel here, I request viewing permissions.

It'll cost you a piece of your soul... so think on this carefully my friend. Some things once known can never be unseen- Mountains, madness, the whole ball of tentacles and wings... better to stay on the Side of Light say those who believe in stout shutters and amulets over the front door.