Diving today

Started by Toonces, August 06, 2012, 01:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I got a new dive housing for my GoPro camera and tried it out today at North Beach, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. 

Nothing too spectacular, but I'm pretty impressed at how well it captures underwater footage for such a small camera.

I haven't found one of the little extension handles that some folks use for sale, so I rigged one using half of a swiffer handle, a spatula, and a small GoPro clip.

https://vimeo.com/46997444

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

The unedited video has great resolution but I had to compress it hard to get it to fit in vimeo's free guidelines.  So, sorry it's not quite as sharp as it should be.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks great!  How deep did you get?

I rented a waterproof camera housing for my digital cam when I went diving in Thailand last Feb but the thing didn't fit well and I ended up getting a lot of flash off of the case.

I was thinking of ordering one of these.  Ever tried one?

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=underwater_cameras&product=1611095

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on August 06, 2012, 01:45:13 AM
I got a new dive housing for my GoPro camera and tried it out today at North Beach, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. 

Nothing too spectacular, but I'm pretty impressed at how well it captures underwater footage for such a small camera.

I haven't found one of the little extension handles that some folks use for sale, so I rigged one using half of a swiffer handle, a spatula, and a small GoPro clip.

https://vimeo.com/46997444

Makes me want to play Endless Ocean on the Wii...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 06, 2012, 06:43:07 AM

:o
I'm shocked to learn that there is another human being outside of Japan besides myself who actually owns that game!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Great video looks like alot of fun.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 06, 2012, 06:49:58 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 06, 2012, 06:43:07 AM

:o
I'm shocked to learn that there is another human being outside of Japan besides myself who actually owns that game!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I also own the sequel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

That looks like a ton of fun, Toonces.

Thanks for sharing!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.