Main Menu

Tom’s FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2021, 06:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Not really sure what it'll be this weekend. Today is the wife's birthday so I need to find a way to keep her from getting depressed this weekend. So it'll be a lot of playing the "you're still so young and  beautiful" game.  Otherwise...

Trying to maximize FPS in DCS will take a lot of time, but won't be doing any real flying. Some Hired Gun, maybe some Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries, Hell's Gate beta, ARMA 3, perhaps...really not sure.

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Happy B'day to your wife!

Suzanne Vega wrote some amazing songs. Good choice.  :bd:

Gamingwise, i will focus on the following games:

- Conflict Desert Storm (3 missions to go)
- Stronghold Warldords
- Finally started with Galactic Civilization 3
- May launch a game of Interstellar Space Genesis (new big beta patch is available).

Gusington

One of my favorite songs from my early teenage years.

Still glowing from completing the main quest in Assassin's Creed Origins, I am looking to start a new campaign in Rome Total War Remastered either as the Vandals or the Berbers. Sir Slash scared me away from trying a Rome 2 TW DEI campaign as the Seleucids for now.

Will also be tinkering with Imperiums: Greek Wars and patiently waiting for the Alexander the Great DLC to come out, as well as Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

And rounding it off with some possible tinkering with Mechwarrior 5.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Happy B.D. to Mrs. Jarhead.  :clap:  Gus, don't let me scare you away from DEI, it's tough but if I can make progress in it, anybody should be able to as well. The Seleucids are a tough start. I enjoyed playing as the Caledonians I think and just making it a free-for-all for control of Britain early game anyway.

Baldur's Gate 2 for me because I miss Minsc and Boo. Have a great first weekend of the Summer Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

BTW, This should get you to the DEI Site.  https://divideetimperamod.com
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Thank you Sir, Slash. Still afraid though :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Heh.  I always assumed Minsc and Boo were the names of your dogs LOL.

I started reading Winston Churchill's 6-volume set on WW2 again last night, and all this talk of HOI4 makes me kind of want to try to learn the system.  I have HOI3 Complete in my library with virtually no play time, and part of me is strongly considering diving into it and seeing if I can figure it out.

I'm sure there will be some Cold Waters in there as well with the Epic mod.  I'm really enjoying how using the various Russian and Allied boats requires different approaches to how to hunt down targets; an Alfa and an Oscar, for instance, really require a different mindset when developing a plan to take out different targets.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Cold Waters scares me. Probably left-over trauma from getting my ass kicked way back in Red Storm Rising on the Amiga.  :pullhair:

devoncop

Just completed my first Imperium Greek Wars playthrough as Sparta finishing 2nd behind the bloody Persians thanks to the Spartan navy being severely under resourced leaving Persia a free hand in Asia Minor for too long and I never even fought a battle with them whilst I was fighting off all the fractious Greek factions. Only on easy difficulty so no great achievement  as I was learning the mechanics but really enjoyed it.

Continuing my Vicky 2 learning game as Japan which is much less hectic so far.

May buy Vagrus the Riven Realms as I played the free demo which allows a partial playthrough of the Prolouge and loved the immersion and writing.

Have a great weekend all.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Got any Imperiums screenshots?

So if the DEI modders worked on a Cold Waters release, neither Slash nor I would ever play out of pure fear.

And Red Storm Rising on the Amiga rocked!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2021, 01:52:29 PM
^Got any Imperiums screenshots?

So if the DEI modders worked on a Cold Waters release, neither Slash nor I would ever play out of pure fear.

And Red Storm Rising on the Amiga rocked!

Screenshots....! ! !

Jeez Gus this is me you are talking to. I feel like I conquered Everest the day I managed to start a Tiller game PBEM using the email exchange method....let's be realistic here  :DD

To be fair the map is so big and the nuanced details of each territory so important I dont think a screenshot would tell you much. I managed to persuade/force three other states to accept a Confederation and conquered half a dozen  more but the Persians were able to crush their rebellious Satraps unhindered so it was my own fault.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Alright fair enough  ;D

The big take away that I am getting from your posts above is that I will probably never play a game of Imperiums on a higher difficulty than 'easy.' I can just taste it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2021, 08:19:20 AM
One of my favorite songs from my early teenage years.

Still glowing from completing the main quest in Assassin's Creed Origins, I am looking to start a new campaign in Rome Total War Remastered either as the Vandals or the Berbers. Sir Slash scared me away from trying a Rome 2 TW DEI campaign as the Seleucids for now.

Will also be tinkering with Imperiums: Greek Wars and patiently waiting for the Alexander the Great DLC to come out, as well as Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

And rounding it off with some possible tinkering with Mechwarrior 5.

Maybe some Imperiums.  Definitely some Enlisted and Boardgames.

Toonces

You guys really should give Cold Waters a shot if you're into submarine warfare.  I find it is my most-played game.  For me, it strikes the perfect balance between realism and fun.  There's just enough detail to force you to make real submarine commander decisions without the layers of minutiae of something like Dangerous Waters

With a few tweaks it might be my favorite game.  I'm hoping Seapower comes through.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Picked this up for 5 bucks from my local GameStop.  Great PS4 game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk