Intravenous - a tactical/stealth take on Hotline Miami

Started by al_infierno, August 30, 2021, 01:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Just discovered this game from DasTactic's video, picked it up and it's a lot of fun.  Gameplay is like Hotline Miami but with more stealth mechanics like darkness/turning off lights, moving bodies, and nonlethal alternatives.  Also you can pick a loadout complete with a sidearm and some nifty gadgets like claymores and throwing knives.  The enemy AI is actually fairly good, I've been impressed with how enemies fan out, cover each other, and don't just blindly run around a corner where their buddy just died (like in Hotline Miami).

Oh, one more thing to mention for the Groggies:  One big advantage this game has over Hotline Miami is a quicksave system.  Really helpful so you don't have to play the same part over and over ad infinitum.  It's also quite a bit more mid-paced in comparison and more reliant on good tactics than twitch reactions, though twitch reactions help out in a pinch.

Well worth the asking price so far.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1486630/Intravenous/

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao