The Boring Thread

Started by W8taminute, Today at 12:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Last night I cleaned the dryer filter by scraping away the lint build up.  Sometimes I just leave the piles of lint on top of the dryer.  Only after the pile gets too big do I force myself to throw them out into a nearby trash bin. 

Anybody got any good boring stories to share?  I mean, boring stories should be told as much as the exciting ones, no?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

I received my annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement from my bank. It indicated a substantial increase in the monthly mortgage payment due to a rather large escrow shortfall. I tracked the cause down to a huge increase in the premium of my home owner's insurance policy. For no reason at all it nearly doubled. I cancelled my old policy and went with a new insurer. Mostly comparable coverage at a premium that is actually a little less than what I was paying before the increase.

Sometimes you need to take one step back to take two steps forward.

Asleep yet?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I have been paying too much into my 401k account and have to adjust it a bit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I installed my WH40K Dawn of War Soulstorm with the latest UltApoc mod yesterday.

In itself, not exciting. Gus' 401K story reminded me about it though, for various reasons.

(I have a three year old cousin who will probably plotz when he watches me playing it, though right now he's fixated on my PS2 emulation of Godzilla: Save the Earth.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd