Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Tom Clancy at the NSA
Last post by cuthbertdavies - Today at 02:22:28 AM
It's interesting, I wonder if I can meet him. I'm trying to reach out.
Computer Gaming / Re: Helldivers II Announced!
Last post by em2nought - Today at 01:26:00 AM
Each time I see "Helldivers" I keep expecting to see a late war Pacific flight sim.  :planepilot:
Current Events / Re: The Houthi Thing
Last post by Windigo - Today at 01:14:43 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 03:51:44 PMI dont think hypocrisy ever registers with communists.

or.... nm
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 03:46:39 PMI've been put off because I've attached the landing gear and so it's "open"...so I have to work out some way of making it so when I paint, I don't get paint inside the wheel bays or on the landing gear.

yellow frog tape.  its made for delicate surfaces and cheaper then any Tamiya tape products.
This might help.  She does the tissue/masking thing with the cockpit starting at about 2:45 in the video.

Current Events / Re: What's Cool in Science Thi...
Last post by steve58 - Yesterday at 05:45:14 PM
Landing bumped to 6:24pm ET
Jam tissue paper into the wheel well and put some masking tape over the top so that it is flush with the surface.  Use a knife to trim away the excess masking tape so that only the wheel well is covered. That should prevent any paint getting in.   
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by ArizonaTank - Yesterday at 04:47:32 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 03:46:39 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 21, 2024, 09:00:44 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 09, 2023, 12:44:26 PMThanks. It just gives it a bit of meat.

So did you finish it?  Post a pic please.
Unfortunately, no.

I've been put off because I've attached the landing gear and so it's "open"...so I have to work out some way of making it so when I paint, I don't get paint inside the wheel bays or on the landing gear.

When I come across issues like this, it stops me in my tracks. I procrastinate.

It's sitting in my drawer. What's even more infuriating with my attitude (when things like this occur) is I stop modelling altogether. I won't do another model until I've finished it.

So modelling has stopped dead...all because I'm "scared" of getting a bit of paint inside the landing gear bays or on the landing gear.
 :Loser:

So you've literally gotten "wrapped around the axel."   :magnify:

I'm sure someday the spirit will strike you again, and you'll finish it... :RockOn:
Current Events / Re: The Houthi Thing
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 03:51:44 PM
I dont think hypocrisy ever registers with communists.