Cliffs of Dover: Tobruk

Started by MengJiao, June 05, 2020, 05:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

For a split second i thought you were talking about Eric Johnson....duh, maybe good flying music though.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

Yeah...wish they'd release this already. The long wait has been torture.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Did these guys end up swapping to the current il2 engine? Is that where the time has gone?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on June 05, 2020, 07:04:26 PM
Did these guys end up swapping to the current il2 engine? Is that where the time has gone?

I'm pretty sure Team Fusion is still working on and somehow extending the old CLoD engine...and that takes a lot of work apparently.

SirAndrewD

CLoD has horrific AI.

That's been one of my issues with even the Team Fusion upgrades to the original CLoD. 

I'm curious to know if they've managed to fix that.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Toonces

Wow, I forgot I even own CloD.  I might have to check this out.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on June 05, 2020, 09:22:13 PM
Wow, I forgot I even own CloD.  I might have to check this out.

You have to get the Blitz version -- but I think that's more or less a free upgrade on steam.  The Blitz CLoD is Team Fusions mod.  You get a flyable Beaufighter for example.

Toonces

^ yes, I have the blitz version.  I don't think I've even installed it, but it's in my library.  Like 200 other games....   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Robitgeern

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Robitgeern on June 12, 2020, 01:49:34 AM
I have fun

Speaking of which...apparently this Tobruk thing is going to have boats.

Sir Slash

Hot damn! Will it have Rock Hudson driving a tank and blowing-up Rommel's fuel depot? No, probably not. But that would be worth the price of a new Flight Controller.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

What it really needs is James Mason riding around in a SdKfz 250 named 'Greif'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys