IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka

Started by Zulu1966, November 20, 2020, 12:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2021, 12:14:16 PM
Right now?

Full on mods?  There are a lot in work but none of the big ones are out yet as far as I know.  However there are campaigns and missions and the Easy Mission Generator to provide some SP content.

The Devs did ask a while ago for Mission/Campaign modders to reach out to them for future ideas for TC expansion, but that was over a year ago now.  Not much indication that much came of that.  Same with the long ago tease of adding infantry of some sort.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Maybe I'll grab it on sale then...single player missions and campaigns, even if there are not a huge amount, could make it worth it if they're well done.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2021, 02:32:24 PM
Maybe I'll grab it on sale then...single player missions and campaigns, even if there are not a huge amount, could make it worth it if they're well done.

You can find quite a few of them here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/135-missions-and-campaigns/

A lot of TC content in there. 

The mods in development for TC are here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/142-mods/

Check them out.  There's quite a lot of feedback in the threads. 

I do play MP but I have found the amount of SP content available to be enough to scratch the itch.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I personally feel that TC is worth having for anyone interested in WWII armor. It is one of the few games out there that lets you play with tanks with any degree of authenticity and it is a good game. In VR, I feel like the generally good experience is dramatically elevated.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I actually enjoy the Tank Crew VR experience more than the flight portion of IL2.

Having the full tank interior modeled and being able to do things like lean into vision slits while buttoned up adds a whole new dimension. 

I think it's worth it.  Content wise, minus infantry, it's got as much or more going for it now than Steel Fury or T34 vs. Tiger did back in the day when they had their vanilla releases. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 06, 2021, 03:31:44 PM
Yeah, I actually enjoy the Tank Crew VR experience more than the flight portion of IL2.

Having the full tank interior modeled and being able to do things like lean into vision slits while buttoned up adds a whole new dimension. 

I think it's worth it.  Content wise, minus infantry, it's got as much or more going for it now than Steel Fury or T34 vs. Tiger did back in the day when they had their vanilla releases.

True, but Steel Fury, modded with ITM. Just wow! It's pretty spectacular.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 06, 2021, 04:04:48 PM

True, but Steel Fury, modded with ITM. Just wow! It's pretty spectacular.

Yeah, that's very true.  It's in a class all its own.

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 06, 2021, 03:31:44 PM

Sir AndrewD, I just setup my trackIR for tank crew (involved me running steam as admin was all) and leaning is fine. But Your still using keys to actually change views and open slits right? Leaning only seems to go so far when I am in the commanders cupola for instance, is there a way I wonder to setup the controls so that their is a transition to the closer view?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Looks like .50 cal machine guns will be able to take out Tank main guns now. .50 quad will be deadly :P
Hoping that this will only be at very close ranges and will be a fluke in most instances. You can tell a simulator by the number of possible flukes that may happen.

Ground vehicle changes
50. KV-1s and T-34 mod. 43: the interior visual model of the gun in the mantle area has been improved;
51. KV-1s machine gun ammunition corrected (coaxial MG 25 magazines, rear MG 9 magazines, bow MG 15 magazines);
52. The overestimated combat survivability of guns, guidance mechanisms, electrical systems and radio stations has been reduced on all tanks, both detailed and simple. Tank guns can be disabled by an AP round hit of a similar caliber or multiple hits of .50 and larger caliber AP bullets;
53. MG firing sound correctly stops when a detailed tank is destroyed;
54. AI-controlled tank and aircraft turret MGs sounds corrected;
55. Some AI-controlled tanks and AFVs will fire their coaxial MGs (Humber, SdKfz-222);
56. A game and dedicated server crash bug that could happen randomly in multiplayer missions with A LOT of ground vehicles has been found and fixed;
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"