IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka

Started by Zulu1966, November 20, 2020, 12:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

The flying part is better in FC.  Once they implement the career system in FC, the sp will be on par with woff.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Skoop on November 11, 2021, 06:34:12 PM
The flying part is better in FC.  Once they implement the career system in FC, the sp will be on par with woff.

Not sure, maybe, I enjoy Woff for a really good single player experience.  Flying part is just fine for me, but I am no expert

Skoop

I own both, woff's career mode is really good.  Main reason the flying part is better in FC is that it's just more recent engine.

Still plenty of immersion in the woff experience if that's more a priority than graphics and flight sim tech.

Gusington

It's been a while since I checked in with WoFF...I should visit their site again to drool.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you have Rise of Flight, I'd hold off on getting Flying Circus vol I unless you just want MP.  The game contents are quite similar so, with Flying Circus all you're really getting is a somewhat updated graphics engine and somewhat different damage modelling (a bit worse than what was available in RoF IMO.  Things are very robust now.  It takes a lot of rounds to knock down a plane unless you get a pilot or engine hit and taking out a train engine is very, very difficult.)  You get far fewer available planes and only one map with no SP campaign.  Flying Circus vol II adds some more planes (still no Sopwith Pup though...it's my fave from Rof) and a bigger map but they're asking a lot for it and it's still a work in progress.

Destraex

LOOK! A ww2 tank interior....

Almost finished reading Panzer Destroyer, Memoirs of a red army tank commander by Vasiliy Krysov. In this book one part especially stuck me. That was that when they encountered a convoy of Trucks and half tracks in their two su85 tank destroyers, they chose to crush most of them or knock them off the road, only using their guns sparingly. Not something you can really do in Tank Crew I do not think. If it was DCS you might be able to.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

That looks almost as unpleasant as I imagine it being.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

In Combat Mission Afrika Korp you could run-over things and destroy them. I did that in the scenario Fort Capuzzo as the Brits, using my Matildas to smash Italian guns and had a heel-of-a-lot of fun doing it too.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2021, 07:20:00 PM
That looks almost as unpleasant as I imagine it being.

Surely it's just like a huge armoured weekender camper van where you hang inside with your best mates while shooting bigger guns and running your big Cadillac engine than almost everybody else. What more could you want?

Gusington

Heh 'big Cadillac engine'...I wonder if the average mileage could have been anything better than 4-5 mpg.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Do not fear. I am sure solar tanks are being worked on.

Sir Slash

That would be impressive. A solar-powered submarine would be even more impressive.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Did my first run with Tank Crew in VR now that my prescription lenses are in. 

Man, it's almost even more impressive than flying. 

Sadly though, I'm having a lot of problems getting TC to accept my mapped controls for my Virpil setup.  Very odd and it's made it impossible for me to really dig into it. 

Anyone else have TC not talking Joystick input?  Never was a problem with my older sticks.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

I have just learnt what the small orange symbol means next to a lot of my controls. If you hover over it, it tells you what controls are conflicting. I have a lot of conflicts to fix in my tank controls. They seem to overlap a lot with aircraft controls. But the ones that really matter when they are conflicting are the general controls like camera ones I think.