Fleet Commander: Pacific

Started by Jarhead0331, December 06, 2021, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Meant to post about this one awhile ago.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Kinda reminds me of the old Avalon Hill Victory at Sea boardgame.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CJReich46

Quote from: Toonces on December 06, 2021, 07:18:52 PM
Kinda reminds me of the old Avalon Hill Victory at Sea boardgame.

I saw that. It does look like Victory at Sea.  (I had to edit - Ditto was just too laconic for my tastes.)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Don60420

Kickstarter up along with demo and rules:

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/fleet-commander-series/154220/7

I have my hands on an early build.  Plays smoothly and is meant as a tribute to Avalon Hill's Victory in the Pacific.  I have wanted a computerized version of that game since it came out in 1977.  Forty-four years, but it was worth the wait.

FlickJax

Was a great board game, lost mine somewhere along the way :(

Sir Slash

Good luck to them. Those board games were great Beer & Pretzels stuff.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Definitely looking for some impressions on this one.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind something with all the flavor of WitP that I can finish in a weekend.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bobarossa

$700 short with only 2 days to go.

Tripoli

I just received this notice from the developers:

"The campaign is ending on the 28th. We'll make it and be happy to get you onboard. For those who have not yet embarked, please join, we'll be welcoming you gladly.

And as Christmas just passed by, an Orange Santa (hint) will bring a gift to our backers tomorrow. Stay tuned.
"

Possibly they are planning a War Plan ORANGE campaign for backers?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bobarossa

Quote from: steve58 on December 26, 2021, 01:13:56 PM
$7,133 pledged of $6,793 goal.
That grew quickly.  Was about $6,100 when I posted this morning. 

Geezer

A shame guys like this have to hope for a few thousand and a dirt bag like CRoberts has scammed people out of hundreds of millions.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Philthib

Many thanks to all of you for your support and kind words. The project is finally funded, although the start was a bit slow (my fault I guess due to poor communication and choosing Xmas season for this...)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1284815114/fleet-commander-pacific/posts/3394394

I'll make one more announcement this afternoon (campaign ends in less than a day), with one more (original) scenario added for the game.

The the "real" thing will start: the Beta with the backers. We really need the feedback more than the funding, because we want the game to be real good. We have given ourselves 3 months to do so, let's hope this will be enough and profitable for all.

bobarossa

And it's official.  Warplan Orange DLC will be free to backers.  Sign up quick!

Old TImer