Main Menu

Dune Spice Wars

Started by Jarhead0331, December 10, 2021, 11:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I was hoping the latest film would result in some new strategy games in the Dune universe.

Not a lot of details, but appears to be a real-time strategy game with "4x elements".

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1605220/Dune_Spice_Wars/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

CJReich46

Uh...I posted one about that. Could you delete that?

Gusington

At a bare minimum that trailer is great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Still disturbing after all these years.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2021, 02:53:52 PM
Still disturbing after all these years.

She grew up to be the spitting image of the Alia I had in mind when I read Dune Messiah and Children of Dune though.  Kind of crazy.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

You're right, I just recently (like last week) saw pictures of her.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

I'd love a dune2000 style game, but this looks like something much simpler and less AAA.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

steve58

Looks like a Spring Early Access release. And here is a new vid showing some gameplay.  Looks like a big Civ mod to me, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SirAndrewD

Finally a Dune RTS that looks to have an emphasis on infantry and melee combat!

Oh, and they finally got the Atreides color right (still wrong on the Harkonnens though).

Destraex

RTS? WOW. In name only. Seems more like a turn based high level strategy game.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Quote from: Destraex on February 16, 2022, 06:51:23 AM
RTS? WOW. In name only. Seems more like a turn based high level strategy game.

I was thinking the same after watching that trailer.  The game does look more turn based than RTS.  Unless it's some kind of Total War hybrid.  Either way I think this looks like a good game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

My game magazine described it as a 4X RTS.

CJReich46

Looks interesting at any rate.