Main Menu

Dune Spice Wars

Started by Jarhead0331, December 10, 2021, 11:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittyohio

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 10, 2021, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2021, 02:53:52 PM
Still disturbing after all these years.

She grew up to be the spitting image of the Alia I had in mind when I read Dune Messiah and Children of Dune though.  Kind of crazy.

Omg it's Ms. Pasternak!   The 2nd one.

Boggit

If you have Civ4 there is a Dune Mod which Sauron thoroughly recommends to me. Multiplayer too.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Jarhead0331

Releases into early access this month!

April 26!

\m/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Walking without rhythm intensifies.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

I have just folded space from Ix. 

The machine makers there have informed me that Spice Wars is in early access for evaluation by the Guild. 

We should have our Mentats begin training on it immediately so that a House can be chosen that will optimize Spice Production. 

The Spice must flow.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Reviews are pretty good so far and most negative comments revolve around the fact that it is not a C&C/Starcraft style clickfest but more a fusion of 4X and pausable RTS which sounds bloody good to me.

More mechanics and factions are to come along with balancing though so I will wait for full release though it seems a very smooth EA from what I have seen.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

SirAndrewD

First stealing hours at work impressions are very good. 

Essentially a mix of Civilization and Dune with some RTS elements. 

Not sure you should get into it for combat, it is a bit simplified but no worse than something like CIV.  Very much a empire builder/resource manager. 

Some slight Emperor of the Fading Suns vibes, which isn't surprising.

Great Dune feeling.  Arrakis so far has been a greater enemy than the other factions. 

Also I can immediately tell that the factions are going to play much differently from each other. 

Give it a go if you're fence sitting.  An hour with it intrigued me enough to keep digging for spice.

GeneralHawk

Has a great Dune feel. Was very hesitant but they are building something great. Took the plunge and don't regret it. Even playing skirmish against AI factions is different every time and fun as hell. Nothing like playing as the Atreides...
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

W8taminute

Anybody pick this game up?

After monitoring the hype during release week I've come to the conclusion that this game is a boring POS. 
My YouTube feed has cooled off on this game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

bobarossa

30% off at GreenMan Graming ($20.87)  What say you?