The Girl from the Friday

Started by Tripoli, May 20, 2022, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Since we have had both Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash show up in the forums in the last 24 hours, I thought this would be appropriate for the Friday thread:

For me?  BoC work, and finishing up the CMO AAR.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

Still obsessed with Shadow Empire.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

devoncop

Still having a blast with Atom RPG and also learning the amazing Old World.

Its a nice sweet spot in my gaming life right now. I go through occasional brief spells where I struggle to find something to engage me but I have the opposite problem right now.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

It will take some special games to get me to stop playing Pillars of Eternity II for a while and lo and behold here are V Rising and Old World. Total War: Troy complete what I will be finagling with, along with Imperiums: Greek Wars and Aggressors: Ancient Rome in the further distance.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Great idea for a Friday thread!

Just picked up Old World so I'll be trying to complete most if not all of the tutorials in it before moving onto an actual real game.

I also finally saved up enough credits to buy a Jagdpanther in Heroes & Generals.  It's a beast, even unmodded.  Now on to the grind to unlock the upgrades I can get for it.

I'll also be playing some Civilization III: Conquests
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I am going to be trying out the tutorials for Old World as well, I wonder how long they take to complete? A few people here have said they are very good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Tripoli on May 20, 2022, 09:58:09 AM
Since we have had both Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash show up in the forums in the last 24 hours, I thought this would be appropriate for the Friday thread:

For me?  BoC work, and finishing up the CMO AAR.

The genius that is Dylan. Great stuff.

My Back Pages is my personal anthem but this is a great choice too.  :bd:

Thank you Sir.

Gusington

Finally took my first dip into Total War: Troy, playing as Ajax  <:-)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And also completed the first two (of five) Old World tutorials  <:-) <:-)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: solops on May 20, 2022, 10:16:22 AM
Still obsessed with Shadow Empire.

Crusader Kings III and board games.

Anguille

Mostly Star Dynasties....such a a deep and great game  :notworthy:

Dastactic has made some new videos on the game...very interesting

Maybe also one scenario of Stronghold Warldords (have yet to finish the campaigns).

devoncop

Quote from: Anguille on May 21, 2022, 12:58:42 AM
Mostly Star Dynasties....such a a deep and great game  :notworthy:

Dastactic has made some new videos on the game...very interesting

Maybe also one scenario of Stronghold Warldords (have yet to finish the campaigns).

I have this one on my watchlist. Looks good.

Geezer

Watching the PGA championship so no gaming for me this weekend.  Will probably pick up Old World on Monday.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Pete Dero

Quote from: Geezer on May 21, 2022, 01:21:20 PM
Will probably pick up Old World on Monday.

Heavily influenced by a forum I picked it up today  ;).
Starting tutorials now.

Geezer

I caved and bough it for my birthday today rather than wait until tomorrow.   ;D
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw