Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Into tutorial 4.

Hint...you don't need to build new units (as I did) unless you want extra insurance to fight the Romans as you get given an army a few turns in to deploy against them.

Upgrades to your guys and assigning Generals and assigning decent Generals is essential though...should be fun  :bd:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I am also in Tutorial 4...I love the Ambition/Legacy mechanic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Philip was assassinated! And things were going so swimmingly too :/ Welcome...Alexander!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

These tutorials are very good...they feel almost like mini-campaigns.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Agree totally Gus.

There are some complaints that sone folk said they were too long so skipped the last tutorial or two. Those same folk then generally post complaints about a mechanic that is explained in the tutorials they couldn't be arsed with completing  saing it is not clear how it works ::)

Scourge of the instagram age. Short attention spans.

I am really looking forward to starting my first game proper but only if I beat the bloody Romans in tutorial 4 !

Geezer

I picked it up for my birthday today.  Played the first two tutorials so far.  Very well done.  Should be many hours of fun in this one.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

^Happy birthday! And yeah I see myself playing Old World for 100s if not 1000s of hours.

Just got done with tutorial 4...devon just to be clear once you defeat the Thracians at the end of tutorial 4, it then moves on to tutorial 5 where you assemble an army and then go to war against Rome. I save that for tomorrow :)

Then on to my first proper game! Not sure if I will try a scripted campaign or a skirmish as the Persians.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Sorry...my mistake ...I am on tutorial 5 now...I lose track :)....that is where you face the Romans in the last tutorial.

So difficult to decide my first proper playthrough ....and on what difficulty level !

Tripoli

Just because of the buzz on this page, I just got it.  Now where do I go to buy more free time? ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

All I can add is - beware assassin goldfish.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Tutorials finished. Rome in ruins  :bd:

I think for my first playthrough I will go for a normal type difficulty but change the option for AI Empires so they start with just the one city like me rather than their usual 3.

I will expect to be crushed nonetheless but it may take them longer. :hide:

Having now done more of  the combat the system is very good. The AI does gang up on your units so protecting the flanks really is important.

JasonPratt

Wait wait, go back: what was PoE2 again??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Devon which faction are you playing as? I kick Rome's arse tonight and then it's time for me to put on my Old World Big Boy Pants and start a real game. Also how many difficulty levels are there? I think I read or saw somewhere that there are seven? I could be remembering that wrong.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd