Next three rumoured Total War games

Started by undercovergeek, May 17, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

Well seeing that empire at war is the best Star Wars game of all time and no chance in hell for that series getting revived, smart play going total war Star Wars.  It will be interesting to see how they do space combat and planet combat, it could be really cool.

I hope the space combat allows boarding ships with animated boarding battles inside the ships.

Or space battles that transition to planet battles or orbit to planet battles.

As you can see, total war stars wars will be a big feat.  If they simply cut and paste Star Wars into the total war system, it will be lame.  If they take the time to do it right, it could be epic.

Destraex

If this is true they will need to fix their engine so I can see things. I want these games! I just cannot see CA creating something that works well and looks good.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^At least the 'indefinitely delayed' WWI game was supposedly postponed because of trouble developing a new engine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

I don't see how they will do any better with Star Wars or 40k then. Perhaps they intend to do Star Wars clone wars and 40k imperial guard "wall of men marching" style battles. If however we end up with flag wars again where I see none of the action but do see a whole bunch of flags, I probably won't bite.

Remember 40k Final Liberation? That is what I would want in a Total War 40k.
Oh look I can see the units clearly even though I am zoomed out;

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

^boy do I remember Final Liberation. One of the greats. It's on GoG, but I don't think it aged too well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille