Main Menu

DCS UH-1 Huey

Started by Jarhead0331, May 02, 2013, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

UH-1Y Venom.  Well I guess it's not called a Huey anymore.  Hehehe.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

That's a totally different aircraft.
It's like saying the Boeing 737-200 is the same as the 737-700NG. :D

The DCS module is UH-1H. The plain old workhorse of the 70's. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Thanks for the clarification.  No sale for me then.  I just don't like things that don't fit the era of the main DCS world.

Staggerwing

So I'm guessing you are going to take a pass on DCS: Farman M.F.7 as well then?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Geez... DCS just seems to be all over the place regarding time period. 

I'd like to see a DCS Apache sim as I've really enjoyed the Black Shark despite a couple difficulties.  An AH-64 would be easier to learn, although I dunno if they'd bother doing it since it's a two-seater. 

I believe the F-18 was also high on a forum poll awhile back.  I'd probably rather have an F-16 but either would do.   I had some OS technical issues last time I tried playing a Falcon 4 mod so that's probably only gonna get worse in the future.  :-[

Huw the Poo

I'd love to see the F-18 given the DCS treatment.  F-15 would be good too.

Yskonyn

F-15C has been confirmed and will be the next module by ED.
F/A-18A is also confirmed and will follow. Work is in progress.
Talk has been about the AH-1A, but nothing concrete yet. Just that ED is planning on doing one.

Then we have Various 3rd party dev groups who are making modules (of which the Huey was one too).

Keep the designators in mind; C variant of the F15, so no Strike Eagle; A variant of the Hornet, so not a Super Hornet and the A variant of the Apache, not the D.

This is all due to needing information to create a high fidelity sim, but many systems are still secret regarding specs and therefore not available for modeling accurately.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 04, 2013, 06:53:51 AM
F-15C has been confirmed and will be the next module by ED.
F/A-18A is also confirmed and will follow. Work is in progress.

Splendid!  Not that I've even learned the Black Shark yet, but still, that's great news!  I haven't flown an F-15 since the Commodore 64 game Strike Eagle. :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on May 04, 2013, 04:46:18 AM

I'd like to see a DCS Apache sim as I've really enjoyed the Black Shark despite a couple difficulties.  An AH-64 would be easier to learn, although I dunno if they'd bother doing it since it's a two-seater. 

What makes you think an Apache would be "easier" to learn.  I believe it would in fact be harder to learn because it is a much more complex aircraft in terms of avionics, weapons systems and controls.  The KA50 is archaic in comparison, and that is why I found the learning curve much more manageable. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

^I don't know if it's a "standard" thing in all choppers - but the trim on the KA-50 always buggered me about. I've watched some amazing videos of someone flying it a few feet off the ground and doing pirouettes...climbing, diving - showing incredible control.

I struggled to get it from A-B without having to constantly correct the flight path the KA-50 wanted to take.

I don't know if the Apache (or any other helicopter) would be easier in this regard - but I did find the KA-50 to be a fighter

Of course - there is the other train of thought which is I was just crap
Alba gu' brath

Cougar_DK

Hi JD,

This video did the trick for me. The trim and ap are connected.... Crazy russians, but I'm getting there, learning to control her. And the Right Control+Enter really helps visulazing the trim position.

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 04, 2013, 09:54:01 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 04, 2013, 04:46:18 AM

What makes you think an Apache would be "easier" to learn.  I believe it would in fact be harder to learn because it is a much more complex aircraft in terms of avionics, weapons systems and controls.  The KA50 is archaic in comparison, and that is why I found the learning curve much more manageable.

The cockpit would be easier to learn since it wouldn't be in cyrillic and I'm more familiar with US cockpit instruments in general.  While the Ka-50 isn't overly elaborate, I still find the learning curve higher just because it's Russian.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 04, 2013, 10:15:26 AM
^I don't know if it's a "standard" thing in all choppers - but the trim on the KA-50 always buggered me about. I've watched some amazing videos of someone flying it a few feet off the ground and doing pirouettes...climbing, diving - showing incredible control.

I struggled to get it from A-B without having to constantly correct the flight path the KA-50 wanted to take.

I don't know if the Apache (or any other helicopter) would be easier in this regard - but I did find the KA-50 to be a fighter

Of course - there is the other train of thought which is I was just crap

I was told (by someone here?) that the Trim in Black Shark gets thrown off if you have any Deadzone set for your joystick. 

I had some dead zone set for mine (in-game) and every time I tried to use the trimmer it would go nuts and pull me all over the place.  The deadzone thing explains why it would always oversteer.

I hope they've fixed that by now, but I've not yet revisited BS2 since picking up A-10C.

MikeGER

yourstruly in a Huey giving the good news to a group of RPG guys in the wood testing a selfmade S&D mission ... to learns the trigger-zones 'n stuff...   

No thats not DCS World ;D ... better, its the analysing tool  Tacview  to study (could be taken literally) your flights!

the more i learn about DCS world, its possibilities, the community tools aggregating around it... 8)  the more i love it!  :) 

can you believe there is an Android app in the making by a user, that turns your Android tablet into a dashboard with the main instruments
(DCS export the raw data, and somehow they will get streamed over wifi network to the tablet for to place it under your LCD)