Massive Chalice and gay marriages

Started by undercovergeek, June 07, 2013, 07:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
*shrug* maybe he just never thought of it until it was pointed out to him

Or maybe he was afraid of the backlash of political correctness to demonize his project.  *shrug*  What does it matter?  It's not like any of us have any true sense of freedoms of thought or speech anymore. 

Windigo

I haven't had an original thought in my head since about 2005 when I was trying to get laid after Ex #1 got kicked to the curb
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Bison

Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2013, 02:00:48 PM
I haven't had an original thought in my head since about 2005 when I was trying to get laid after Ex #1 got kicked to the curb

I had an original thought once too, but then I realized I'd only plagiarized a previous thought that I'd had.

Windigo

Quote from: Bison on June 07, 2013, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2013, 02:00:48 PM

I had an original thought once too, but then I realized I'd only plagiarized a previous thought that I'd had.

as long as you quote the source you're ok

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/mirror-girls-48.jpg?w=500&h=566*

*don't look if you haven't clicked the hetero option in your Player Sheet

speaking of which, now that I got my kickass system I need to crank up AD&D again

Bison

Well I did consider suing myself over intellectual rights, but then I realized I didn't have the financial ware withall to settle any court rulings with myself.

Bison

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

3 pages to bewbs - youre slipping fellas

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on June 07, 2013, 01:50:14 PM
Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
*shrug* maybe he just never thought of it until it was pointed out to him

Or maybe he was afraid of the backlash of political correctness to demonize his project.  *shrug*  What does it matter?  It's not like any of us have any true sense of freedoms of thought or speech anymore.

That's why we need the freedom to have gay marriage in PC games. To simulate the freedom none of us have in real life.  ;)

Like Windi said, it's an option. For my experience, the gay option in Mass Effect never existed, because I never took it. I always worry about people who moan about the option being there with no compulsion to take it. Are they worried they won't have any self control and choose the gay option? Are they worried they might accidentally click the "come over here you man meat hunk" dialog choice?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

No that's why we need to have the freedom to chose whether or not to have any system a designer wants to put into or left out of a game without fear of a political correct backlash of accusations of bigotry or in this case homophobia.   ;)

PanzersEast

Dead Horse : We've all come to beat it

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on June 07, 2013, 02:59:53 PM
No that's why we need to have the freedom to chose whether or not to have any system a designer wants to put into or left out of a game without fear of a political correct backlash of accusations of bigotry or in this case homophobia.   ;)

i agree here

Windigo

Windigo

Quote from: Bison on June 07, 2013, 02:59:53 PM

you're gonna make me actually read that damn article aren't you .... before I do though answer me this, is it possible that they were just lobbying for the option in a respectfull manner and it just got derailed by crazies?

... kinda like every thread in grogs    :D

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2013, 07:47:34 AM
Why stop at gay marriage?  What about interracial marriage?  What about marriage between cats and dogs?  Let's just placate every potential special interest group for the sake of political correctness.  Heck, we wouldn't want to offend anybody by standing up for morality.

True.

Perhaps someone from NAMBLA or with bestiality tendencies should also go complain.

I'm not lumping the gay people in with such, but using such an example to point out that at some point it becomes a game marred by current socio-political input and NOT a fantasy game that lets us escape from the now.   ::)  All because a developer feels forced to do work they otherwise wouldn't have done.. due to political correctness.