An online, open world, Tom Clancy RPG?

Started by undercovergeek, June 11, 2013, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Arctic Blast

It has a lot of potential. With this and Watch Dogs, Ubisoft seem to be cornering the market in paranoia-based gaming.  ;D

Swatter

For XBoxOne and PS4, no thanks. I caved in and bought a PS3 so I could play MLB: The Show, I have no desire for another console.

Sparhawk

I'm not into fps but was impressed with the immersion potential of this.

JudgeDredd

That looks sooooo cool!

I love "story" games - and the dialogue in this is superbly done - but I'm confused.....it says online RPG - so what was the game dialogue in the trailer? It sounded in game and real - both at the same time...confused  ???

I'll be keeping my eye on this one - thanks for the heads up
Alba gu' brath

Tpek

It's just another silly online shooter.
This time having the "plot" written by the ill-famed Clunky-Tom.
Who will conquer the U.S in under 3 minutes this time? Luxemburg? Vatican City? Monaco? A single pengiun???  ::)

JudgeDredd

I noticed that a) seems it's for Xbox/PS and b) is online only(?)  :(
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on June 12, 2013, 12:06:59 PM
It's just another silly online shooter.
This time having the "plot" written by the ill-famed Clunky-Tom.
Who will conquer the U.S in under 3 minutes this time? Luxemburg? Vatican City? Monaco? A single pengiun???  ::)

I doubt he's involved beyond lending his name.

Actually, the world economy collapses thanks to a massive disease pandemic.

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 12, 2013, 01:00:32 PM
I noticed that a) seems it's for Xbox/PS and b) is online only(?)  :(

Wouldn't surprise me if Ubi ends up bringing it to PC as well. And since it's a multiplayer game, it kinda has to be online.

eyebiter

http://kotaku.com/the-divisions-most-interesting-idea-is-happening-on-an-512908592

The Division also has a hook for Ipad.  Tablet users control the drones, while console player characters fight on the ground.

undercovergeek

JudgeDredd

Well - when I was listening to the comms, it sounded like in game (game generated) comms but in a realistic fashion...not some people playing on a server against each other.

Made me think though - wouldn't it be a bit cool if games took your voice and fed it through a filter or something to make it sound like "real" comms? Of course "Yo mamma is fat" comments would sound a bit weird over "real" comms traffic.

Anyway - I'll keep my eye on it. It looked cool enough - though once I actually read about it (instead of just watching the video) my enthusiasm waned somewhat.
Alba gu' brath