WH40K MMO Again on the Drawing Board

Started by Arctic Blast, June 12, 2013, 07:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

THQ's demise kinda killed the first shot. But it looks like Games Workshop isn't giving up that easily. http://www.bhvr.com/eternalcrusade/

A few voice files (that confirm Imperium, Chaos, Eldar and Orks at least) and this press release are it for now :

QuoteA new Warhammer® 40,000® MMORPG revealed.

Montreal, 10th June, 2013 – Behaviour Interactive and Games Workshop® proudly announce a new online game in the Warhammer® 40,000® universe: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Behaviour Interactive has obtained the rights to create a wholly new MMORPG persistent war experience for PC, PS4 and Xbox One set in Games Workshop's universe of the 41st Millennium. In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000® race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction's community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.

Don't get too excited...it isn't due until 2015.

I'm also not exactly thrilled by the fact that Behaviour Interactive's back catalog of games consists of Dante's Inferno, Wet, The 2nd Ghostbusters game, Halo : Waypoint (which I have never heard of) and a whooooooole lotta shovel ware.

jomni

Sounds like it's more of a console shop.

Arctic Blast

One thing that is interesting to me is GW's willingness to let smaller developers do something with the 40K license. If asked a couple years ago, I don't think anyone would have guessed the three developers known to be currently working on games in that universe.

Grimnirsson

Halo Waypoint is not a game, it's a central hub so to say for all Halo related content, an app if you will.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Toonces

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 12, 2013, 07:58:02 PM

Don't get too excited...it isn't due until 2015.

At least it will be out before DCS: Next
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs