F - R - I - D - A - Y What's going down in game land?

Started by JudgeDredd, June 14, 2013, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on June 14, 2013, 07:17:17 AM
Probably more Lords of the Realm 2 and beta-testing.

Wow. That's a nice throwback!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on June 14, 2013, 07:33:14 AM

...and a great one at that.  I LOVED that game back in the day.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 14, 2013, 07:55:59 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on June 14, 2013, 07:33:14 AM

...and a great one at that.  I LOVED that game back in the day.
Aye.  It's a fun little beer-and-pretzels medieval strategy game, which is what I'd been in the mood for the last few days. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

PanzersEast

A little non-computer.... more Disc Golf Probably will visit these, although probably will be a short time:

CK II - The Old Gods
Xenonauts
Distant Worlds Shadows
OOTP 14

I wished Dominions 3.....

PE

Bison

Quote from: agathosdaimon on June 14, 2013, 06:34:56 AM
I went over to the Forums at Gamesquad and was delighted to see a forum for JTS Napoleonic Battles - as someone referred me to there from here i think or at Wargamer, i forget.

If you like PBEM, I highly encourage you to join one of these sites.

Napoleon Game Club
http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Napann1.htm

Link to various Tiller Game Clubs
http://www.wargame.ch/

The blitz host HPS/Tiller, as well as several other games for PBEM and IP gaming.
http://theblitz.org/

I've actually been replaying some 1776 and French and Indian War to look at getting back into some PBEM.

I'm not sure what I'll play this weekend.  Far Cry 3 and one of my HPS titles most likely.

SgtRock

Rift - if I can even get in or dailies/events in GW2.
CardHunter - just got the Beta invite, got check this out.

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 14, 2013, 06:17:46 AM
Driving to Paris to work at the Air Show but im armed with laptop so there will be

AOW - Shadow Magic til my eyes bleed (there isnt a lot to do at the show)

Dom III PBEMs - down to just the 4 now and really enjoying 2 of them - tried some SP but its so souless as an SP experience - theres such an air of trepidation and wonder about sending in a turn for PBEM but SP theres none of that magic

Send in a CMBN turn

Im driving down at 250am, so its an early night, but before i go to bed there will be a quick bash on Airland Battle on 10 v 10 now JH has told me how to call in airstrikes

Get plenty photo's mate!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

I've got one more city to capture to win ETW's American Revolution campaign and I think every guy in the British army between me and it. I also have been to make another honest try at finishing Icewind Dale 2. There's this giant Black Dragon who won't let me get past him. Or her. I haven't gotten close enough to tell yet. But if I see one Father's Day war movie, I may chuck it all and play CMFI.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: PanzersEast on June 14, 2013, 09:04:26 AM
A little non-computer.... more Disc Golf Probably will visit these, although probably will be a short time:

CK II - The Old Gods
Xenonauts
Distant Worlds Shadows
OOTP 14

I wished Dominions 3.....

PE

Ah!  Yes CKII.  I will be playing that.  Why it seems only yesterday I was a craven Khazak Khan who was clubbed into incapacity by the Byzantines on a field of victorious battle.  Since I had been hit in the head, I let my son out of jail and died and then he got all the credit for
beating the Byzantines.  BUT he had the Duchy of Novograd so now the Khazaks are expanding up there and giving up on Georgia.

I'm really fascinated with the endless, fairly plausible narratives the game generates.

Otherwise the usual:  ARMAIII, the Burning Blue and CLOD.

Oche

So far i have in mind playing WINSPMBT & WINSPWW2; Strike Fighters 2; RTW (Rome Total Realism Mod Platinum Ed); and some flights in FSX.

steve58

I will be checking out the VoidDestroyer playable alpha now that I've got it working...and not sure what else.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

On the one hand I'm thinking of hooking up the wheel and pedals to get some F1: 2012 in.  On the other hand, I have an urge to feed my inner Civil War general with Scourge of War and/or HPS: Gettysburg, as well as my usual late-night Rising Storm gaming.

I wish there was an easy way to plug and play the wheel/pedal combo.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Screw it, I'm going to hook up the wheel and pedals now and it will be waiting for me when I get done work.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Mr. Bigglesworth

Maybe a little SCII Zerg campaign. I confess I am having trouble getting into it. The campaigns in SC1, including Broodwar were great. SCII was pretty good. This one feels a bit like a rat in a maze. It is all too narrowly scripted (im on 4th or 5th mission). I have tended to kill the game to play vs AI maps in custom games.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Grim.Reaper

1)  A few more turns with Tuna for our PBEM for CMBN.

2)  In the spirit of watching the US Open, continue to play Action PC Golf...at least I am good at golf in this game versus real life:)

3)  Gunslinger - besides Action PC Golf, might be my game of the year so far.