Discuss GrogCast Episode 9!

Started by bayonetbrant, May 05, 2015, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Mirth, Jim, and Michael further shatter your faith in humanity on this week's edition of the GrogCast
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

See what happens when you take the week off.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

Highly entertaining.  Probably my favorite episode yet! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on May 08, 2015, 08:54:20 AMHighly entertaining.  Probably my favorite episode yet! 

Yay!  I'm done!  It's all Jim now :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Egads. We did cover a lot of ground in that one :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 08, 2015, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: Martok on May 08, 2015, 08:54:20 AMHighly entertaining.  Probably my favorite episode yet! 

Yay!  I'm done!  It's all Jim now :)
Oh dear!  So who will play the straight/sane man, then -- him or Mike?  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

PanzersEast

Who are these mini geeks  :D :P

PE

mirth

bayonetbrant

I've had AT&T running fiber-optic lines all day.

They just finished 20 minutes ago and I've finally got it here to go thru before we upload

mirth

Make it quick. I need something to keep me occupied for the last hour of work :P

Mr. Bigglesworth

Finishing episode 9 in a few minutes.

At the beginning I was not sure who's voice was who's. After 1/2 hr I learned the voices. This was a great podcast. It felt like guys talking over the table about gaming, very relaxed.    Ok, done. Great guest, Mirth, clearly into gaming. Jim, new host, right on. He knows his gaming.

Bethesda - The first one, whatever it was called I dumped after about 10 hrs. Every time the monster just falls out of your ass, to start slashing you. WTF? No matter what you have done or where you were looking, suddenly they are always appearing behind you. I'm sure the Cougars alre like that on Star.

Second one, Daggerfall, not bad. Lots of wandering around to dungeons on a vast map. That one or #3 was the one where the comp generates endless stuff in front of you. You appreciate the replayability value, you just dont care about the mission.

Redguard or whatever I think I played for a few hours then forgot about it. Morrowind definately turned me off as well. It felt very empty, like a lifeless wilderness.

I recenty got the Legendary Skyrim on Steam for $15. Worth a shot, people seem to enjoy it.

KOTOR was a lot of fun, I really liked the atmosphere of the SW universe. Table top gaming or paper RPG is pretty hard to get into now for me, it has such a long setup.

I have to say that resource or management games are my thing. I hate micro-managing, give me a strategy for it or a sequence or a math formula to set up. What I really want is to have to design a mix of art and science to make stuff happen as desired. I have read generals say despite the power of science, war is very much art. It will stay that way. Show me a great comuter composer. There are none.

moving on to #10, great work guys, I like these podcasts.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598