Discuss GrogCast Episode 15! - Origins Wrap-up Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, June 16, 2015, 10:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

And me without my headphones at the office. Dammit!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
And me without my headphones at the office. Dammit!

turn on the speakers.  you know you don't care if people listen anyway
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Actually, they both have rather officious sounding voices. If people aren't really paying attention, you MIGHT be able to convince them that you're on a conference call.

Capn Darwin

A well done podcast and not a single mention of Jack and Peach. Kudos.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

panzerde

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 16, 2015, 02:19:25 PM
Actually, they both have rather officious sounding voices. If people aren't really paying attention, you MIGHT be able to convince them that you're on a conference call.

I have to speak that way to keep myself from swearing every other word.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Arctic Blast

Quote from: panzerde on June 16, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 16, 2015, 02:19:25 PM

I have to speak that way to keep myself from swearing every other word.

Oh yeah, we're supposed to try to avoid that, aren't we?

panzerde

Nearly everyone in the booth at Origins, minus Cyrano, was an engineer of one sort or another. Next year we should probably put out a Swear Jar. Bet we could pay for all of the signs and swag that way.

And we were all on our best behavior, too. Sometimes you just can't f***king help it, ya know?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Airborne Rifles

Just got around to listening to this. I really appreciated Doug's point about gaming being storytelling. That's definitely one of the biggest draws for me.