Main Menu

Dance Friday 66

Started by W8taminute, May 27, 2022, 10:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

I think I might pick up Warlord: Britannia this weekend as well as continue my game of Old World.  Probably fit in some Heroes & Generals as well.

Have a great weekend guys!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Definitely continuing with Old World, more Total War: Troy and perhaps some Imperiums: Greek Wars. With Assassin's Creed Odyssey as backup.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Old World and Prepar3d (Airbus 320) for when I'm stuck in Old World and need to relax.

@ W8taminute : I'm not gonna search for Round 2 O0 !

al_infierno

Been enjoying Ion Fury quite a bit, basically a newer Duke Nukem 3D with oldschool graphics and modern QOL enhancements and controls.  Highly recommended and scratches the profound itch left by the recent Duke Nukem Forever 2001 build leak
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

nelmsm

I'm going to play......everything!  Wife and freshly graduated foster daughter are headed to California for a week for foster daughter's graduation present so I took the entire week off as well and have the house to myself with only one chore put on my honey do list and that is to simply drop the dog off at the groomer's and pick the dog back up when he is done.  Might take one morning to go shoot my pistol which I haven't managed to do since buying it but the rest of the time will be spent playtesting and doing some gaming for fun.

Dammit Carl!

The 3 day weekend allows me a much greater yardwork time-chunk, so cool, cool.

Otherwise, think it's Division time again (or maybe GR: Breakpoint) to go along with WoWs.

Cheers, mates, and have a goon 'un.

Tripoli

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 27, 2022, 05:16:40 PM
The 3 day weekend allows me a much greater yardwork time-chunk, so cool, cool.

I'm retired.  What is this "three day weekend" you speak of?  I seem to vaguely recall something special about those.... >:D

As for me, I'm doing the Matrix FoG2 and FoG2 Medieval tournaments, so getting my head handed to me in those games is on the agenda.  I'll be doing a Discord playtest of "Littoral Commander".  If I have time, I'll play a little of Kriegsmarine and CMO.  Plus, BoC work.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2022, 10:21:58 AM
Definitely continuing with Old World, more Total War: Troy and perhaps some Imperiums: Greek Wars. With Assassin's Creed Odyssey as backup.

All sounds good!  As for me : Crusader Kings III and board games.

Gusington

Later this summer I will start my first Crusader Kings III campaign, after I get over my ancients obsession :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Careful, Crusader Kings is an endless rabbit hole.  Once you get a handle on the mechanics and start to snowball, you'll never want to sleep again.   O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I haven't played it but if it's anything at all like Civ, yes but a slightly different kind of endless rabbit hole.  For me it's even harder to find a stopping point because there's no turns, just an endless continuum of time that you can slow down or pause.

- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

Shadow Empire (it has a new beta patch!)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Neverwinter Nights 2 for a bit of Hack & Slash and some Medieval TW 2 as the Normans. And Trip, I'd be interested in your thoughts on Kriegsmarine. Have a great weekend, 2 or 3 day, Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.