Interesting YouTube videos

Started by Toonces, July 20, 2021, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Well how about this then Boss Hogg?

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

That's still better than the last trilogy. I'd pay to see Leia in Daisy Dukes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 08, 2023, 01:34:49 PMThat's still better than the last trilogy. I'd pay to see Leia in Daisy Dukes.

Me too!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

When Exterminatus is the only way

Something about this short little video just rings right with me...

Toonces

Just caught this in my feed.  This is pretty cool, and I think will appeal to quite a few of the GH team!

Edit:  A couple of things that caught my attention - first, I think these guys are contractor Aggressors, not USAF.  I didn't figure that out until the end, but some of the comments led me to think that.  The pilot has some sort of minor emergency and handles it with nonchalance; guessing a popped circuit breaker?  Very interesting discussion of the modifications to his F-16; apparently it has a whole new avionics suite that allows it to simulate any Russian or Chinese fighter.  Finally, the fights are very, very short, which is probably very realistic.

And lastly, as a non-fighter guy, I was surprised to hear him applying throttle in the break.  I always thought the break was to bleed off speed, but I guess in this case either the jet bleeds speed too quickly, or the break was too far out and so he needed to keep speed on. 

It's an interesting video; I think you guys will enjoy it.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

I don't speak Hindi but this guy did an excellent job explaining how to change the temporary storage location for files being unzipped, downloaded, etc., on your hard drive. 

I must have wasted 15 minutes of my precious time reading english language explanations on google/reddit and couldn't find a thing that clearly and concisely explained what I needed in way I could understand. 

Turns out I needed to find my answer through a language I don't understand!  And my problem was solved in less than 3 minutes.  Now I can go back to gaming.

W8taminute

Ok do you all agree with having the white light go off when you pull the trigger? 

GDS_Starfury

no, I would think the strobe effect would be counter productive.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

So have we had a compilation video of THE RACOON FEDERATION!?

....idk, I'm too lazy to search. But there are more of these somewhere.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

W8taminute

W8taminute

All created with various AI tools

Gusington

Your modern ways frighten and disturb me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^No doubt.  AI is scary in what it can do.

GDS_Starfury