Digital Gaming > VR Gaming

HP Reverb G2

(1/16) > >>

Yskonyn:
Today I pre-ordered the G2!  :D :D
It's going to upgrade my Rift CV1 and will be used mainly for simming. The most important problem I ran into when playing DCS World on my CV1 was clarity. The immersion VR gives is just unparalled, but the lack of clarity made me stop using VR in DCS in the end.
The G2 should fix this issue, will let me get rid of the mounted sensors as well.
Given the specs I believe the G2 will be the best headset for simming purposes for now and a damn fine all purpose VR experience in its own right for the coming time.
Can't wait for my unit to be delivered! :D

One thing I was worried about was loosing access to my Oculus Store games, but aparently there is a solution for that as well:
https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive

Jarhead0331:
I donít think you need to use revive anymore. I used it initially with my vive, but did not need to use it with my reverb and all steam games worked on my  rift s too.

I also preordered the g2 back In August, so I should get mine in November with the first shipment. Really looking forward to it.

Yskonyn:
Ok thatís good news.
I am pretty stoked ! The resolution and pixel density should approach the quality of looking at a regular monitor. Thatís all I was wishing for, really, coming from the Rift.

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: Yskonyn on October 18, 2020, 08:44:21 AM ---Ok thatís good news.
I am pretty stoked ! The resolution and pixel density should approach the quality of looking at a regular monitor. Thatís all I was wishing for, really, coming from the Rift.

--- End quote ---

I only wish it had a better FOV. Then it would clearly be the ultimate headset.

Yskonyn:
Yeah the FOV is slightly less than the Index at max spec, but its a good bit more than my Rift, so Iíll be happy either way.  :)

On the subject of Revive; could you elaborate, cause indeed, I didnít have any issues with Steam games showing up in Oculus Home, but how does this work for the reverse?
For example: I bought Lone Echo and Beat Saber in Oculus Home; how would I get to display them in Steam or otherwise be able to start them without an Oculus headset without Revive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version