I think I'm going to do it...

Started by Jarhead0331, February 16, 2021, 03:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Think I'm going to wait for the version where you can do an Immelmann.  :)

(actually that's pretty cool...and the price isn't outrageous).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Yskonyn

Pretty cool device! I wonder how noisy it will be though.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 16, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
Pretty cool device! I wonder how noisy it will be though.

They claim it is totally silent...so when you're using it at 2:00 a.m., everybody else in the house can sleep.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Oh man, that is just too cool.  Now that I've gotten rid of the Obutto I am in the market for a new cockpit setup...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Here is another video that shows the seat in use. It appears to be very silent.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Jarhead0331

No. I'm 6'3" and weigh these days about 270. After consulting with the YAW VR engineers, it seemed like I would stretch the bounds of the chair's capability to support my size. They have a larger, upgraded chair in pre-order phase that will easily support my size and be much more comfortable. It is three times the cost, but still affordable. I'm keeping my eyes on it and will wait for reviews.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Silent Disapproval Robot

Buy a Manurhin MR73 instead!

(I'm very, very close to buying one but I'm worried our idiot PM will obtain a majority in the next election and he'll just turn around and seize it.  Barely holding off until the results of the next vote are in.)