10 years ago today...

Started by steve58, May 01, 2021, 04:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

10 years ago?? Dayum...

...usually this is where I would type 'RIP' but F that. Hope he's rotting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2021, 04:54:35 PM
10 years ago?? Dayum...

...usually this is where I would type 'RIP' but F that. Hope he's rotting.

This is why we should not eat haraam seafood. ;)

steve58

...oops, my bad :-[.  His nap started on May 2nd.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

Or as they say on The Sopranos, the Navy SEALs installed a new moonroof in Bin Laden's skull.   :bd:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Staggerwing

If I recall, OBL's actually swimmin' wit de fishies.
On the flight back they buried him at sea to abide by Islamic tradition (bury w/in 24 hours from death) dropped his carcass overboard so there'd be no burial site for the radicals to fuss over.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

Not much for posting lately but read this article and thought it was an incredible piece of journalism
A moment in history that with social/mass media will forever be changed going forward

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/04/30/osama-bin-laden-death-white-house-oral-history-484793