Fallschirmjager's train in urban combat

Started by Jarhead0331, October 18, 2021, 11:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Cool video I came across of German Army Fallschirmjäger's from the Bundeswehr Division Schnelle Kräfte (DSK) storming a mock village with Support of Dutch troops during urban combat training at GREEN GRIFFIN 21.

I dunno...the German army just isn't the same without the stahlhelm.  :crazy2:

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Pretty cool video but yes I agree about the Stahlhelm.

Modern day army camo patterns look really good but all of these new helmets with cameras and apparatus on them look dorky.  We haven't developed tech yet to make helmets look as cool as WH40K or Imperial Stormtrooper helmets. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Some of those troops looked...really old to be active duty! And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist? That little black (armored?) truck at 1:20 is awesome as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2021, 12:48:23 PM
Some of those troops looked...really old to be active duty! And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist? That little black (armored?) truck at 1:20 is awesome as well.

Observer/Controller perhaps?  We had dudes like that peepin' on us when we were doing our thing at exercises in the box at JRTC. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2021, 12:48:23 PM
And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist?

Most likely a referee or a medic based on the white armband. Someone definitely supporting the training, but not a part of the actual operation.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18