Silly Netflix

Started by Tpek, July 12, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Pretty much. I really wanted to like Longmire, and I like the main character, but she ruined it for me.

That and the fact that this tiny, sleepy Wyoming town has more murders and violence than Compton in the 1980s. ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on December 21, 2017, 09:29:32 AM
God damn Netflix!
God damn you all to Streaming-Hell!

Instead of just allowing me to properly watch Season6 of Arrow, or bring in all the countless goodies they let Americans watch,
they keep adding crap no one cares about Instead.

So far, I keep seeing new stuff like stand-up sketches by Am I Schwarma and Louis Sick Sex-Offender K, and now season 2 of Bill Nye's massive ego fails to save the world.
Who even watched season 1 of that show???

Besides the crap you listed, our Netflix also occasionally dumps a big load of Bollywood on us for some godforsaken reason.  #:-)

undercovergeek

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 09:50:51 AM
Pretty much. I really wanted to like Longmire, and I like the main character, but she ruined it for me.

That and the fact that this tiny, sleepy Wyoming town has more murders and violence than Compton in the 1980s. ;D

Yeah we have midsummer murders for that here - sleepy Cornish village full of frikking psychopaths every week

I've just finished it longmire - some bits were a struggle but it was ok

Moving onto blindspot next

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on December 21, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 21, 2017, 09:29:32 AM
God damn Netflix!
God damn you all to Streaming-Hell!

Instead of just allowing me to properly watch Season6 of Arrow, or bring in all the countless goodies they let Americans watch,
they keep adding crap no one cares about Instead.

So far, I keep seeing new stuff like stand-up sketches by Am I Schwarma and Louis Sick Sex-Offender K, and now season 2 of Bill Nye's massive ego fails to save the world.
Who even watched season 1 of that show???

Besides the crap you listed, our Netflix also occasionally dumps a big load of Bollywood on us for some godforsaken reason.  #:-)

Ohh, we have that as well.
At least they have some of the fun Bollywood movies as well (such as the Krrish series).

BanzaiCat

The world needs more movies like Enthiran.

trailrunner

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 04:42:18 PM
The world needs more movies like Enthiran.

It gets even better:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

ghostryder

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 09:50:51 AM

The first 3 seasons are bumpy as those were on A&E...and as mentioned the writers treated it like a common cop show---whereas the characters in the books and stories were kind of glossed over. After Netflix picked it up it centered more on the characters and had a running story with the weekly crime thrown in. Far from realistic but the characters shine. was pretty happy with the ending except what they did with Longmire's daughter...that made no sense.

Gusington

Big thumbs up for Shetland, bros  :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trailrunner

My wife and I have watched Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Shetland, and we started to watch Wallender but didn't care for it.  Of the first three, Broadchurch was pretty powerful and very well done.  Happy Valley was also very good and we liked it a lot.  Shetland was good and worth watching.  For some reason, Wallender didn't click with us.

Sir Slash

I am liking "Godless" a lot. It's a Western with some quirks but after a slow start it gets rolling about episode 3. Beautiful scenery and good acting including a scarily good villain by Jeff Daniels makes it a winner for me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 21, 2017, 09:02:40 PM
It gets even better:

Hell yeah it does. I watched the entire movie a couple of years ago. Very strangely highly entertaining.